SH Group Bargaining Communique #4 - July 2018
Members of the Bargaining Team for the SH Group met July 17 to July 19, 2018 for preparatory meetings for the upcoming round of bargaining. With the assistance of PIPSC research, the team reviewed the issues and concerns of the membership as highlighted in member emails and letters, focus groups, teleconferences, and the Bargaining Survey. The Bargaining Team began the review of existing articles and development of new articles in order to formulate proposals for the upcoming round of negotiations. Pay analysis for each profession will continue to be conducted with assistance from PIPSC staff in order to develop pay proposals.
As our current agreement is expiring on September 30, 2018, the SH Group served the Treasury Board notice to bargain. Jean-Paul Leduc will be meeting with the Treasury Board negotiator in the coming days to schedule dates for bargaining. The Bargaining Team will be meeting for further preparation and proposal development August 28 to August 30, 2018. For any questions or concerns please contact the SH Group Negotiator (Jean-Paul Leduc - firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Communications Officer (Adam Fenwick - email@example.com) of the SH Bargaining Team. Contact information for all Bargaining Team members is found on the PIPSC SH Group Website (http://www.pipsc.ca/groups/sh/bargaining-team).
SH Group Bargaining Team
Bargaining Process Summary:
- Survey Members for Bargaining Proposals - Complete
- Focus Groups with Membership - Complete
- Information Submitted by Individuals for Bargaining Issues - Complete
- Finalization of Bargaining Proposals - In progress/ongoing
- Exchange of Bargaining Proposals with Employer - forthcoming
- Negotiations to Achieve Tentative Agreement (TA) - forthcoming
- Should an Impasse in Negotiations Occur/Proceed to Arbitration - If necessary
- Tentative Agreement (TA) - Goal
- Bargaining Unit Membership Ratification Vote - after TA is reached