Our greatest strength is our membership. Leveraging that strength requires engaging members on important issues, developing collective solutions, and empowering them to be change-makers. Whether it’s an information session over lunch or an issue-based campaign, PIPSC events and activities help increase members’ awareness and build community.
This toolkit is designed to help you organize successful outreach events. It provides guidance on the types of events you can hold, information on how to access Better Together funding, promotion tips, and much more.
You can also reach our Mobilization Team anytime at email@example.com
- Union event ideas
- Union activity in the workplace: dos and don’ts
- Getting to know your workplace
- Know your audience
- Effective conversations
- Supporters lists
- PIPSC member classifications
- Organizing an information table
- Lunch and learns
- Event checklist
- Event planning template
- Public space event guide
- Employer space event guide
- Sign-in sheets
- Poster template
Using the toolkit
All toolkit documents are shared through Google Drive.
How to download a file from the toolkit:
- Click on the link to the document you want to download. The document will open as a Google document.
- Click “file” (top left corner), select “download” from the menu, and select the format you would like to use.
- The file will now be available for you to use immediately or save on your computer.
How to copy the file to your own Google Drive:
- Click on the link to the document you want to copy to your Google Drive. The document will open as a Google document.
- Click “file” (top left corner), select “make a copy”.
- A pop-up will appear which will allow you to name the document and choose where to file it within your Google Drive. Select “OK”.
- Your copied file will open in a new window for you to use.