Candidate for Vice-President (Part-Time) – Stéphanie Fréchette
The views expressed in this biography are those of the candidate and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of PIPSC.
Candidate for Vice-President (Part-Time)
Dear members of the Professional Institute of Public Service of Canada (PIPSC),
I hereby express my interest in continuing to work within PIPSC and seek a mandate to represent you on its Executive Committee, and as such, on its Board of Directors.
I’ve been a federal public service employee for 25 years now, I am bilingual, and I’ve been a PIPSC Steward since 2013. I am committed to your best interest, and I have demonstrated my drive, involvement and dedication over the years. Here is a summary of my union involvement in recent years:
- Member (Quebec Region Representative) of a Board of Directors Committee, namely the National By-Laws & Policy Committee
- Member of the PIPSC Central Bargaining Team
- Parliamentarian for the 2019 and 2020 Annual General Meetings
- Member of the Advisory Council and the AC Steering Committee
- Member of the Strategic Bargaining Committee and the SBC Steering Committee
- Vice-President and member of the national consultation team at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- President and Vice-President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Scientific and Analytical Group Executive
- Member of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Scientific and Analytical Group bargaining team
- Member of the Joint Consultation Committee to conduct a comprehensive review of the nature and definition of the Regulatory Science (SR) occupational group at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Member of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Scientific and Analytical Quebec Sub-Group Executive
- Member of the Quebec Region Executive
- Chair of the Quebec Region Status of Women’s Committee
- President of the Quebec Region Executive, St-Hyacinthe Branch
I am running because our union needs to elect a strong team that will work together continuously to achieve its primary goal of effectively representing its members. We must continue to protect the rights of professional employees in the federal public service. To represent you well and ensure that we work for our members above all else, I will listen to your concerns and ideas and act as a liaison between the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors and you. Together, we will strengthen the links between our members working in different organizations, so that we can stand together and face the challenges the employer has in store for us. With my skills and experience, I can serve as a positive influence and be an asset to our organization. I hope to have your full support so that I can continue to work with all of you as valued members of PIPSC.