Subsequent to the regular Health Services Group election in the spring of 2022, the SH Group is holding another election for four executive positions. We are accepting nominations for the following:
- Nursing Representative: Nurses from any department other than DND, CSC, or Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) excluding NU-EMA. Note that NU-EMAs have their own dedicated seat on the executive. This position is for the remainder of the 3-year term to 2025.
- Social Work Representative: Both current members withdrew after conclusion of the regular election this spring. This position is for the remainder of the 3-year term to 2025.
- Two Members-at-Large: Open to any member in the following regions: Québec, Prairies/Northwest Territories, or British Columbia/Yukon. These positions are 2-year terms.
The nomination and election process is governed by our SH bylaws.
Our strength is in our members’ engagement. By taking a leadership role in our union community, you will steer PIPSC toward the goals of improving our members’ lives and making progress on issues that matter most to us and the broader labour movement in Canada. The SH Group Executive is a great team of health professionals representing all parts of Canada and all our SH professions working in a collaborative team approach for the betterment of our membership.
As a member of the group executive, your role is to:
- Further the professional interests of the members
- Protect the status and standards of our professions
- Represent the views of members on matters affecting them
- Ensure that the interests of the Group are represented in all proceedings of the employer and of the union
These are voluntary roles. The executive meets approximately 6 times a year.
Nominations must be supported by at least two group members.
Submit your nomination with the form below by Tuesday, August 2, at 4:00 PM ET.
Please disconnect from the government's VPN and use a personal device in order to ensure the form loads.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of your 2022 SH Group elections committee:
- James McGrath firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christine McDowell email@example.com
- Terry Hupman firstname.lastname@example.org