Candidate for Vice-President (Part-Time) – Peter Taticek
The views expressed in this biography are those of the candidate and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of PIPSC.
Candidate for Vice-President (Part-Time)
Time for Action! Time for Change!
I believe strongly in the fiscal and moral accountability of elected union officials. Members’ dues should only be used for the betterment of members. PIPSC must report more clearly and transparently on the use of these dues.
PIPSC leaders must stop hiding behind the cloak of secrecy and immediately eliminate secret voting and unnecessary closed session Board discussions. Leaders must be willing to stand behind their decisions and be accountable to the membership.
Stewards are the core of the union and PIPSC needs to do more to support them. Members must have a strong voice in every workplace. We need to dispense with the politics choking our stewards and focus on member representation.
PIPSC continues to drift away from its main purpose of effective membership representation due to a leadership group that appears to be more interested in its own agenda than in basic union principles. Such challenges demand a dedicated, experienced, trustworthy and gutsy union representative who is in the workplace and who embraces changes for the better!
As a regular member, I have fearlessly challenged staffing abuses and assisted other members as a steward. My goal is to continue to make workplaces better for our members!
As a part-time VP I will continue to focus on:
- Membership engagement and representation (more EROs).
- Ensuring PIPSC is fiscally responsible, transparent, accountable and respects the direction of the AGM.
- Continuing my battle for fair staffing in the PS.
- Providing greater support to representatives from the Separate Employers group at PIPSC, and Consultation Teams
- Streamlining the management team.
Some past and present experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Biology), University of Ottawa.
- Computer Science Technologist Diploma, Algonquin College, Ottawa.
- CS NCR steward (2006-2011, 2014-present)
- CBSA ICMS Joint Steering Committee (2008-2010).
- CBSA Union Management Employment Equity Committee (2009-2010).
- President of the CBSA CS subgroup-NCR (2009-2011).
- PIPSC Consultation President – CBSA (2014-2017) (National Union Management Employment Equity Advisory Committee, National Union Management Consultation Committee, Aboriginal Advisory Circle, Persons with Disabilities Advisory Committee)
- PIPSC NCR Director and a Board of Director (2016-2019)
- ESDC National Union Management Consultation Team (2018-2020)
When elected I will continue to be VISIBLE and ACCESSIBLE, I will be LISTENING to you, a strong tireless voice for your concerns will be HEARD and back it up with actions that will be SEEN.
I humbly ask for your support and vote for part-time PIPSC VP.
Original submitted by the candidate