Candidate for Québec Regional Director – Gerlando Renna
The views expressed in this biography are those of the candidate and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of PIPSC.
Candidate for Québec Regional Director
Many of you will be surprised that I am running for the position of Quebec Regional Director. I decided to get more involved at the political level following my terms as Quebec Regional Executive Treasurer.
I have been a Steward since 2010, and I have always acted in the members’ best interests. I’ve represented hundreds of members—often from employment equity groups—formally and informally. I think that my political vision is just what the Quebec Region needs as it seeks transparency and integrity. Those who know me know that I have the utmost respect for members, especially when their money at stake, let alone their health.
Young Quebecers want union representatives who will make their interests a priority and restore their trust in unions. I would like to give them this trust and help PIPSC, which is often criticized, to find its purpose in Quebec.
I am trilingual, having learned French at a very young age, and I’m happy my parents chose Canada, and especially Quebec. There is no doubt that the French language has enriched my life, which is why I’m committed to protecting it as one of Canada’s official languages.
I am passionate about my professional work. My goal is to serve you through concrete actions to the best of my knowledge.
- I began my career at the Canada Revenue Agency in 2002 as an auditor and have been a criminal investigator since 2015.
- I’ve been a Steward since 2010, and have been:
- Treasurer for the Quebec Region (currently in my second term)
- President of the Laval Sub-Group
- Founder and President of the Laval Branch
- Founder and Acting President of the Montréal Criminal Investigation Sub-Group
- Recipient of a Certificate of recognition from the Quebec Region in 2017
As Director, I will:
- Be present, transparent and honest with Quebec members
- Actively support Quebec’s interests among PIPSC representatives in Ottawa and across Canada
- Listen to you and do everything I can to address your concerns
Finally, my ultimate goal is to bring us together. To get as much as possible out of its membership with PIPSC, Quebec must be properly represented during national meetings, and I believe I can be a spokesperson you will be proud of and who you will trust completely.
If you would like to talk, please contact me at:
Thank you for your trust.