Candidate for NCR Regional Director – Mark Muench
The views expressed in this biography are those of the candidate and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of PIPSC.
Candidate for NCR Regional Director
I am asking for your support in this election. I would like the opportunity to serve all PIPSC members in the NCR by sharing the experience I have gained over the last fourteen years. I promise to serve all PIPSC NCR members with the same passion that I have my AFS members.
If elected NCR Director, I will:
- Work to protect our pension plan
- Work hard to achieve better health care benefits for our membership
- Work to improved remote working options and a better work life balance
- Work for fair and open staffing processes
- Be compassionate toward those who continue to struggle with mental health issues.
- Be professional and respectful of my fellow brothers and sisters.
I have been a PIPSC Union steward since 2007 and I have passionately served our members. I have been involved with PIPSC at many levels and have the following experience:
- 2008 to 2012, I was Co-Chair of the CRA ITB Health and Safety Committee
- 2009 to 2014, I was Vice President of the AFS IT Sub-Group
- June 2016, I was elected AFS CS National Consultation Representative (Current)
- June 2016, I joined the AFS Bargaining Team (Current). Successfully negotiated two contracts achieving significant improvements to our Collective Agreements.
- July 2017, I became the AFS Phoenix/Compensation coordinator (Current). I have assisted in resolving hundreds of serious pay issues for our PIPSC members.
- July 2018, I joined the PIPSC Advisory Council
- December 2018, I was elected AFS Vice President.
- December 2018, I joined the PIPSC Working Group on Consultation (Current)
- March 2020, I pushed for the formation of a committee in the CRA’s IT branch to address the Black Lives Matters concerns and insisted the committee be led by members of our Black Community. I currently sit as an observer.
- I currently Chair the AFS By-Laws Sub-Committee and the AFS IT Sub-Committee
If you want a director with proven experience and a passion for helping others, then I hope you will consider me as your choice for NCR Director.
Original submitted by the candidate