Candidate for NCR Regional Director – Stacy McLaren
The views expressed in this biography are those of the candidate and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of PIPSC.
Candidate for NCR Regional Director
In any election, there are always questions raised. Some question your politics and others your character but the three that I consider important as a candidate in this election for NCR Director are...
- Who are you?
My name is Stacy McLaren. I am currently a CS02 working at Shared Services Canada, a regular member of PIPSC, a mother, grandmother, sister, friend to all and the aspiring author of the next Great Canadian novel. I pride myself on working hard, accepting challenges, getting jobs done, and being the best activist and steward that I can be.
- What have you done?
I have actively participated as an elected member on the following executives:
- DFAIT CS Subgroup (2009 – 2012)
- Ottawa Centreville Branch (2009 - 2011)
- National Capital Region (2011 – present)
- CS Group National Executive (2013 - present)
I have and continue to develop my advocacy and organizational skills:
- As a Steward since 2006
- As the NCR Chief Steward since 2018
- As a member of various committees of the NCR Executive
- As Chair of the Branch Coordination and Planning committees of the NCR executive.
- As the organizer of successful regional and steward councils, branch presidents’ meetings and the regional Annual General Meeting delegate caucus dinners.
- As the coordinator and organizer of the CS group Annual General Meeting, and host of the CS Delegates caucus at the National Annual General Meeting.
- What do you want to do?
This, to me, is the most important of the three questions.
If elected, my focus and objectives will be:
- To ensure that all member interests and concerns are brought to the Board of Directors, as I believe it is the members that make up our union.
- To make myself available to my constituents
- To advocate for a Board of Directors that is open, accountable and transparent
- To put all my skills and knowledge into advocating for members as well as promoting PIPSC with the employer
I have and will always maintain an open-door communication policy. I can be reached as follows:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell phone: 613-799-3069
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Mahatma Gandhi
Original submitted by the candidate