Candidate for Québec Regional Director – Denis Caissy
The views expressed in this biography are those of the candidate and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of PIPSC.
Candidate for Québec Regional Director
Proudly CS since 2007
- Active member (2012–present)
- Member-at-Large, CS Québec City Sub-Group (2012–present)
- Steward (2014–present)
- Vice President, Québec City Sub-Group (2019–present)
- Member-at-Large, CS Group National Executive (2017–2019)
- Member-at-Large, Québec City Branch (2016–present)
- President, Québec City Branch (2016–present)
- Founding member of the Quebec Region Youth Committee (2014–present)
- Youth Committee President (2016–2017)
- Training Instructor for the Quebec Region (2016–present)
I am extremely proud and excited to put my name forward for the position of Quebec Regional Director. I’m aware that replacing Yvon Brodeur would bring huge responsibilities and expectations. I’m especially proud to belong to a Region of tight-knit builders and innovators. That’s why I want to keep fighting for the same goals. We have contributed so much to our labour organization and the opportunity is there to achieve even more. My intention is to continue Yvon Brodeur’s legacy. I’m committed to preserving our Region’s culture, innovating and ensuring our organization is for members, by the members. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me and hope to maintain this trust during the elections.
I believe that being available to listen to others’ ideas is a sign of true leadership. We are stronger and more effective when we work together. I have high hopes for a national organization that is closer to its members, and I’m sure that with your support we will be able to change the culture within the board of directors.