We are accepting nominations to join the SH Group executive team from the following professions:
- Nursing – Correctional Service Canada
- Nursing – Veterans Affairs Canada
- OP – Occupational and Physical Therapy
- SW – Social Work
Submit your nomination by February 18 using the form below. All positions are for a three-year term. Please note that nominations must be supported by at least two SH Group members. This is a voluntary role.
The nomination and election process is governed by our Group bylaws. The successful candidates will assume office following the announcement of the election results and attend the 2022 SH AGM and associated executive meeting on consecutive dates to be determined.
Here is more information about the SH Group Executive:
- The Group Executive can establish committees as necessary, which are tasked to work on specific issues affecting SH members and report back to the group executive.
- The Executive meets five times a year, usually in central Canada.
- Meetings are usually held on Saturdays. If you work the day of the meeting, PIPSC will reimburse your salary. Salary reimbursement may also be available if you need time to travel to the meeting.
- Your expenses for travel and accommodation are covered by the PIPSC travel policy.
- PIPSC also has a Union & Family Life Balance policy. Under this policy executive members can be entitled to a day off with pay for every meeting if they stay the Saturday night of the meeting.