Members of the Bargaining Team for the SH Group met with the employer October 30 and 31, 2018 for the beginning of collective agreement negotiations.
In order to increase efficiency the SH Team and the Employer Team exchanged proposals electronically October 22, 2018. The teams have begun discussions in person around the issues raised in the exchange. The language of the proposals will be posted for the membership in early November. Placeholders have been tabled in some areas, such as individual pay proposals, which require additional discussion in order to reserve the right to table specific language at a later date.
Negotiations will continue over the coming months and the teams are next scheduled to meet November 20 to 22, 2018.
For any questions or concerns please contact the SH Group Negotiator (Jean-Paul Leduc - email@example.com) or the Communications Officer (Adam Fenwick - firstname.lastname@example.org) of the SH Bargaining Team. Contact information for all Bargaining Team members is found on the PIPSC SH Group Website (http://www.pipsc.ca/groups/sh/bargaining-team).
SH Group Bargaining Team
Bargaining Process Summary:
- Survey Members for Bargaining Demands - Complete
- Focus Groups with Membership - Complete
- Information Submitted by Individuals for Bargaining Issues - Complete
- Finalization of Bargaining Demands - Complete
- Exchange of Bargaining Demands with Employer - Complete
- Negotiations to Achieve Tentative Agreement (TA) - In Progress
- Should an Impasse in Negotiations Occur/Proceed to Arbitration - If necessary
- Tentative Agreement (TA) - Goal
- Bargaining Unit Membership Ratification Vote - after TA is reached