The SH Group Bargaining Team met August 28 to August 30, 2018 for preparatory meetings for the upcoming round of bargaining.
The Bargaining Team reviewed language around existing articles in the SH Group Collective Agreement which will be included in proposals for the upcoming round. In addition, topics for new articles were discussed in order to identify areas in which proposals will be put forward. Pay proposal development, with the assistance of PIPSC research personnel, is ongoing for each occupational group in order to table detailed proposals.
Language development around each article will be conducted in order to prepare for an exchange of proposals with the Employer. After exchange of the proposals, they will be posted.
The Bargaining Team will be meeting for final preparations on October 3 and October 4, 2018. For any questions or concerns please contact the SH Group Negotiator (Jean-Paul Leduc - email@example.com) or the Communications Officer (Adam Fenwick - firstname.lastname@example.org) of the SH Bargaining Team. Contact information for all Bargaining Team members is found on the PIPSC SH Group Website (http://www.pipsc.ca/groups/sh/bargaining-team).
SH Group Bargaining Team
Bargaining Process Summary:
- Survey/Focus Group/Information Submissions - Complete
- Finalization of Bargaining Demands - Progressing
- Exchange of Bargaining Demands with Employer - Mid-October 2018
- Negotiations to Achieve Tentative Agreement (TA) - forthcoming
- Should an Impasse in Negotiations Occur/Proceed to Arbitration - If necessary
- Tentative Agreement (TA) - Goal
- Bargaining Unit Membership Ratification Vote - after TA is reached