We are pleased to introduce our CP Bargaining Team:
- Don Samker, CO from PrairiesCan, Prairie/Northwest Territories Region
- Adam Gray, PG from DND, National Capital Region
- Andrée Doucet, CO from NRCan, National Capital Region
- Angela Cowie, PG from PSPC, BC-Yukon Region
- Lyne Larocque, CO from ISED, Quebec Region
- Ray J. Paquette, PG from PSPC, National Capital Region
- Susan Evans, CO from ACOA, Atlantic Region
- Howard Hao, PG from DND, National Capital Region
- Denise Doherty-Delorme, PIPSC Staff Negotiator
- Sara Delaney, PIPSC Staff Researcher
The AV (CP) Group collective agreement expires on June 21, 2022. Legally, we can start the bargaining process with the employer up to 120 days (4 months) in advance, which we plan to do.
It’s normal for bargaining to take longer than that, however. The terms and conditions in our current collective agreement will remain the same until we reach a new agreement. Any pay increases will be retroactive.
Your Bargaining Team met for the first time on April 4 and 5, 2022 in Ottawa. The bargaining protocol and team roles were discussed and established.
The CP Group-specific bargaining survey will be emailed to you in May 2022. Please complete the survey as it provides direction to the Bargaining Team on the issues that matter most to you. You may have already participated in the Common Issues Survey in the fall of 2021; our CP Group-specific survey will help dive into issues that matter most to us.
Included in the survey will be a question on your wishes should the negotiations reach an impasse. The options for resolving a dispute in bargaining are arbitration or conciliation/strike. These options will be fully explained to you in the survey.
Once the survey is completed, a Notice to Bargain will be sent to the employer to let them know we are ready to negotiate our new collective agreement.
The Bargaining Team will be meeting again on May 4 and 5, 2022.
If you have any questions about the bargaining process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org