At the request of the AFS Group Elections Committee and as per PIPSC By-Law 22.214.171.124, the PIPSC National Elections committee is conducting the 2022 AFS Group elections to the National AFS Group Executive. As per AFS Group By-Law 7.5.2 - the year after the year divisible by 3, elections will be held for the following Officers for a 3-year term:
NCR IT Region AFS Representative
- Open to all AFS members in the following sub-groups: AFS NCR IT, AFS NCR-IT Billings Bridge, AFS NCR-IT Fitzgerald, and AFS NCR-Trainyards
CS National Consultation Representative
- Open to all AFS CS members
Atlantic Region AFS Representative
- Open to all AFS members in the Atlantic Region
Ontario Region AFS Representative
- Open to all members in the Ontario Region including AFS members working in the Ottawa Tax Services Office and excluding AFS members in the Toronto Centre, Toronto East, Toronto North, and Toronto West Tax Services Offices.
BC/Yukon Region AFS Representative
- Open to all AFS members in the BC/Yukon Region
CS Regional Representative
- Open to all AFS CS members and not part of the NCR IT Region
- Due to a resignation this position is for is for a 1-year term
AFS Group By-Law 7.3.6: Successful candidates will take Office on July 1 of the year of the election.
The AFS Group By-Laws are available on the PIPSC website. The By-Laws include the Regulations referenced.
AFS Group By-Law 7.4.1: “Because all members of the Group and Sub-Group Executive are required to consult with the employer on behalf of the members, then, to be a candidate or remain an Officer, the person must be a member and must be or become a Steward.” Only Regular members in good standing are eligible.
R126.96.36.199 To be a candidate or vote for or to remain an AFS Regional Representative, the member must be employed in that Region.
R188.8.131.52 To be a candidate for the CS Regional Representative position, the member must be substantively classified as a CS member and not part of the NCR IT Region. To vote for the CS Regional Representative position, the member must be classified as a CS member and not part of the NCR IT Region.
- The duties of the AFS Group Executive are listed as part of AFS By-Law 6.10.
- All AFS National Executive members require a personal time commitment to perform their duties. This regularly includes unpaid time for meetings on evenings and weekends.
- Personal (non-work) email addresses and phone numbers are published to the AFS Group members for all AFS National Executive members.
- Please refer to the Elections Code of Conduct. Since these elections are being conducted by the PIPSC National Elections Committee, all references to the AFS Elections Committee in the ‘Code of Conduct’ apply to the PIPSC National Elections Committee.
The official nomination form below shall be completed accurately. Instructions are on the nomination form. The Elections Committee shall scrutinize the nominations for eligibility and, if necessary, arrange for ballots to be distributed to all members eligible to vote in the election. Only scanned copies of completed nomination forms (.pdf files) and biographies in MS Word format (.doc and .dox) will be accepted.
All nominations and biographies must be sent to email@example.com.
Please follow the link to get to the nomination form here.
The deadline for receipt of nomination documents, by email, is May 13, 2022, at 12:00 PM ET.
Voter’s Kits will be distributed on May 19, 2022 with a deadline for return of ballots on June 10, 2022, at 12:00PM ET. The vote will officially open on May 20, 2022, at 12:00 PM ET.