AFS GROUP ELECTIONS - CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
At the request of the AFS Group Elections Committee and as per PIPSC By-Law 220.127.116.11, the PIPSC National Elections committee is conducting the 2020 AFS Group elections to the National AFS Group Executive. As per AFS Group By-Law 7.5.2 - the year after the year divisible by three (3), elections will be held for the following Officers:
- Headquarters Regional Representative
- Toronto Regional Representative
- Quebec Regional Representative
- Prairies/Northwest Territories Regional Representative
- CS Regional Representative
The AFS Group By-Laws are available on the PIPSC website. The By-Laws include the Regulations referenced.
AFS Group By-Law 7.4.1: “Because all members of the Group and Sub-Group Executive are required to consult with the employer on behalf of the members, then, to be a candidate or remain an Officer, the person must be a member and must be or become a Steward.” Only Regular members in good standing are eligible.
R18.104.22.168 To be a candidate or vote for or to remain an AFS Regional Representative, the member must be employed in that Region.
R22.214.171.124 To be a candidate for the CS Regional Representative position, the member must be substantively classified as a CS member and not part of the NCR IT Region. To vote for the CS Regional Representative position, the member must be classified as a CS member and not part of the NCR IT Region.
- The duties of the AFS Group Executive are listed as part of AFS By-Law 6.10.
- All AFS National Executive members require a personal time commitment to perform their duties. This regularly includes unpaid time for meetings on evenings and weekends.
- Personal (non-work) email addresses and phone numbers are published to the AFS Group members for all AFS National Executive members.
- Please refer to the AFS Elections Code of Conduct. Since these elections are being conducted by the PIPSC National Elections Committee, all references to the AFS Elections Committee in the ‘Code of Conduct’ apply to the PIPSC National Elections Committee.
Please follow the link to get the nomination form (attached document).
How to submit a nomination
The official nomination form is attached to this call and shall be completed accurately. Instructions are on the nomination form. The Elections Committee shall scrutinize the nominations for eligibility and, if necessary, arrange for ballots to be distributed to all members eligible to vote in the election. Only scanned copies of completed nomination forms (.pdf files) and biographies in MS Word format will be accepted. The deadline for receipt of nomination documents, by email, is 17-Apr-2020 at 5:00 PM EDT. Voter’s Kits will be distributed on 11-May-2020 with a deadline for return of ballots as close-of-business on 08-Jun-2020 at 5:00 PM EDT.
National Elections Committee:
Thomas Kirkpatrick (Chair)
Publish Date: 3-MAR-2020 1:30 PM