Special Executive Meeting on November 25, 2020
Videoconference meeting via Zoom
Start of the meeting: 7 p.m.
In attendance: Yvon Brodeur, Richard Doyle, Stéphanie Fréchette, Nancy Lavoie, Réjean Michaud, Benoît Pelletier, Gerlando Renna and Robert Tellier
Regrets: Martine Lacroix, Hugo Landry and Christian Tremblay.
- Welcoming remarks.
Yvon welcomed everyone and will chair the meeting which will be mainly devoted to the Region’s finances.
- Financial matters (addressed by our treasurer Gerlando):
a) Regional financial statements for the fiscal period ending December 31, 2019: Gerlando presented the Region’s financial report for 2019. We received revenues of $27,568, and generated expenses of $20,329 for a surplus of $7,239 for the year.
- b) Regional financial statements for the fiscal period ending December 31, 2020: Gerlando presented the regional budget for the year 2020. He reported revenues of $27,250 and expenses of $43,400 for an anticipated deficit of $16,150 for the year. The approval of the budget, as presented, was moved by Richard and seconded by Benoit. Motion carried unanimously.
- c) Financial position of the Region as of October 31, 2020: Gerlando presented the financial report of the Region as of October 31, 2020. We received revenues of $91, and generated expenses of $19,484, for a deficit of $19,393 for the year. It should be noted that no financial allocation has yet been cashed this year.
- d) Regional financial statements for the fiscal period ending December 31, 2021: Gerlando presented the regional budget for the year 2021. He reported revenues of $27,100 and expenses of $24,750 for an anticipated surplus of $2,350 for the year. The budget was discussed and seemed reasonable.
- e) Other financial aspect : Benoit asked the Region to consider reimbursing him for some of his personal cell phone expenses, which he uses mostly for union business. Robert proposed acceptance of his request and was seconded by Gerlando. Motion carried unanimously.
- Calendar of activities for the next month:
Yvon told us about some upcoming activities:
November 30: Zoom meeting with participants from the Region who will be attending the National AGM to discuss the resolutions to be addressed at the General Meeting. Hugo, accompanied by Stéphanie, will facilitate the meeting.
December 5th: Virtual National AGM
December 10: Regional Directors' meeting
December 11: Board of Directors meeting.
- Next meeting date: Our next executive meeting will follow the next regular meeting of the Institute's Board of Directors, which Yvon will attend on December 11, 2020.
Yvon thanked everyone for their participation and the meeting was adjourned.