Ottawa Centreville Branch (OCB)
Zoom meeting and
Momma Teresa restaurant at
300 Somerset St W
Ottawa ON K2P 0J6
Meeting starts: 5:45 p.m.
In Attendance: Michael Kenny, Abraham Garcia, Brian Hassall, Susan Amog-Hassall, Michelle Tran, Zul Nanji, Tom Iwinski, Andrew Wigmore, April Chen, Andra Weis, Art Iwinski.
2. Agenda was provided in advance electronically. Michael asked if there are any other items to include to the agenda. There were no other items proposed. Abe put the motion to approve the agenda and seconded by Andra. The agenda was approved.
3. The OCB Executives reviewed and discussed the OCB Draft Minutes from 23 January 2023, the Planning Session. Michael asked if there are any other items from the Minutes to discuss. After a short discussion there was a motion by Michelle and seconded by Andra to approve the Minutes. The OCB Draft Minutes were approved and will be emailed to PIPSC for translation and posting on the PIPSC website. Michael declared that there was no other business arising from the Minutes to discuss.
4. Old Business. There was no old business to discuss at this moment.
5. New Business. Anderew provided an update for planning next OCB AGM meeting. The AGM is planned to take place on September 20, 2023.
6. PIPSC AGM update. The date for AGM November 26 - 29, 2023. Delegated and observers Selection Committee was appointed.
7. Regional Council member social funds requests were discussed. The social fund for the Regional Council was approved. Motion by Andrew, seconded by Art. Motion carried.
8. Financial Report. Abraham provided a financial report declaring that nothing has changed for the year 2022 since Planning Session. And all expenditures for planning session are part of the 2022 Budget. Abraham confirmed that we received our allocation for this year. OCB Executives reviewed and accepted the 2024 Budget that was created during the Planning Session. Motion by Art, seconded by Andrew. Motion carried.
9. Committee Chairs provided Committees reports. Finance Committee has the meeting on February 22, 2023. The depreciation of OCB’s IT assets was discussed, and it was recommended, according to PIPSC policy, to depreciate the asset in 2 calendar years i.e., 50% on the first year and 50% on the second year. All executives have an option to return the asset to OCB or repay the remaining undepreciated portion of the asset. Motion by Michelle and seconded by Zul. Moton carried.
In addition, it is recommended, according to PIPSC policy, to claim dinner on the day of the OCB executive virtual meeting if the meeting last an hour and a half or longer or claim lunch if meeting last less. Motion by Michelle and seconded by Zul. Moton carried.
Outreach Committee. Andra provided an update for the Outreach Committee with some recommendation from Susan. She also provided an update on Steward’s appreciation event at Billiards at Dooley's, more details will be provided during next meeting.
Learning Committee. Susan provided and update on Wills & Estate and Retirement sessions plans and participation.
10. Social event location. There was a discussion about the events location to allow more union members to have better chance to access.
11. Visibility items. All agreed that there is no need for purchasing any visibility items at this time. The visibility items will be distributed to the members at the subsequent union events, for example, at the movie event and Regional Council.
12. Next OCB meeting. May 15 and location TBD.
13. Round table. Michelle provided the update on PIPSC policy on internet and cell phones reimbursement that affects constituent bodies.
There was no other business to be discussed.
14. Michael put a motion to adjourn the meeting. Meeting adjourned at 6:58 p.m.