Location: Whitespot Restaurant, 1616 West Georgia, Vancouver, B.C.

Karen Hall (fall 2016) President
Tim Powers (fall 2016) – Treasurer
Behzad Mehrabadi (fall 2017) Secretary
Terry Peters (fall 2016) Member-at-Large
Daryl Wong (fall 2017) Member-at-Large
Jean Laberge (fall 2017) Member-at-Large
Sid Ansari (fall 2017)-Member-at-Large
Daniel Thibault (fall 2017) Vice-President
Kathy Kerr (fall 2016) - Member-at-Large
Geoff Kendell (fall 2016) Member-at-Large



1.0 Meeting called to order at 5:18 pm by K. Hall.

2.0 Approval of Agenda: M/S K. Hall/J. Laberge - carried.

3.0 Approval of Draft minutes

  • Approval of draft minutes No. 37, Wednesday September 14, 2016 Executive meeting: M/S D. Thibault/ T. Peters - carried.

4.0 Business arising from previous Executive meeting

  • Items are carried as per agenda.

5.0 Treasurer's Report

  • T. Powers provided a report about the finances of the branch and the up to date budget for current fiscal year. He also asked for inputs to prepare the budget for next year to present at AGM.  The spending on different Branch initiatives were also discussed.
  • T. Powers discussed the effect of the fiscal changes for PIPSC on the Branch budget and K. Hall ask him to investigate further. It was agreed that the usual calendar budget to be prepared for next week AGM.
  • T. Powers provided an estimate for cost for the storage space located within the Vancouver area. It was too high and it was agreed that further investigation to be done to see if sharing space with other groups or Unions is possible.

6.0 Mobilization and Engagement Events

  • The competed calendar of events can be found in the following link
  • K. Hall reports on some of the events after the last meeting which were as follows:

1.    Lunch and learns. September lunch and learn was canceled.

2.    Visibility Day on November 15th.

3.    Stewart council meeting.

  • K. Hall also review the last year events and summarize them to be used for AGM presentation.


  • This year AGM was on Nov. 18 & 19th in Ottawa.
  • The Branch’s delegates were K. Hall, T. Powers, B. Mehrabadi and D. Thibault. J. Laberge and G. Kendell attended as other groups’ delegates.
  • Attendees to AGM discussed their impressions from AGM.

8.0 Branch AGM

  • Vancouver Branch AGM is scheduled on Wed. November 30th, 2016.
  • The Location of AGM will be at Holiday Inn & Suites, 1110 Howe Street, Vancouver.
  • Time is 4:30 p.m. Cash Bar, Business 5:00 p.m., Dinner & Continuing Business 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
  • T. Peters, K. Kerr, G. Kendell, T. Powers and K. Hall’s Positions are open for election.
  • D. Thibault, J. Laberge and D. Wong are the election committee which be Chaired by D. Thibault.
  • Rob MacDonald (PIPSC BC/Yukon Regional Director), Bob Jackson (PSAC) and Garth Mullins (CAPE) will be the guests at AGM.
  • T. Powers will purchase 5 emergency Kits for door prize at AGM.
  • D. Thibault will prepare the agenda and bring to the meeting.
  • T. Peters, K. Kerr and S. Ansari will come early to help the registration at the door.
  • T. Powers will bring the projector and computer for K. Hall’s presentation.
  • Everybody send all the pictures they have for events to K. Hall for her presentation.
  • Dan Jones will be the Parliamentarian.
  • D. Thibault will chair the AGM.
  • B. Mehrabadi will bring the 35 copies of last year’s minutes of the meeting and record the AGM minutes of the meeting.
  • T. Powers prepare the next budget for AGM.

9.0 Upcoming Event

  • Xmas party will be held at top floor of Elephant & Castle which is located at Burrard and Hastings. The place has spaces for 60 people.
  • K. Hall will send out the Poster for the event.


  • Wednesday January 18th, 2016, from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
    • Location will be determined and Executive will be informed.

11.0 Adjournment @ 8:00 pm. M/S D. Thibault/K. Hall