50 Victoria Street SP sub-group
Minutes for executive meeting #2
May 8th, 2019 – 12 to 1 pm
Present: Marcel Beaudoin, Jay Fothergill, Mary Murphy, Celine Fletcher, Maria Salazar, Akid Azfar, Hassan Bayaa and Reginald Linco
Absent: Mazen Hijazi and Adel El Hammad
1. Approval of minutes from 20th Feb 2019
Approved by all.
2. Bargaining L&L sessions
- Date set for 26 June 2019 12-1:00 pm, Room 24D.
- Send presentation slides of bargaining to rest of execs. Action: Marcel
- Posters for Bargaining L&L required. Action: Adel
- Setup Wiki page (Note: indicate that members can ask questions on bottom of wiki page ahead of L&L or email to Marcel during L&L and we will try to answer them) – Action: Reg
- Ensure Teleconference account is available for Bargaining L&L. Action: Marcel to send info to update Wiki page/posters.
- Food for Bargaining L&L – Action: Mazen and Adel (originally Jay)
- Email for Bargaining L&L – Action: Marcel
3. Visibility/promo items discussion
- Distribution of visibility/promo items will occur during L&L sessions. Action: Mary; and
- Indicate in L&L poster: “Members have to be present to receive certain items drawn”. Action: Adel
4. Bargaining drop-in sessions
- Set up a meeting to discuss timeframe for future drop in session (@early-mid) June and if everything setup for Bargaining L&L on June 26th. Action: Reg set up meeting.
- Also at that time discuss setting up possibility of separate L&L session for new trainees.
5. Round Table
- Discussed reimbursements for people attending SP AGM in Montreal.
- Discussed signing up as delegate for PIPSC 100th AGM, either as a SPM or NCR delegate.
- Maria and Hasan gave brief presentation on SP AGM in Montreal that occurred in April.
- Adding people required for cheque signing authority – Marcel, Jay and Reg added as other signing authorities (besides treasurer).
- Motion to add Hassan Bayaa as member at large for 1 year: motion by Marcel, seconded by Celine, all approved.
Next meeting date early-mid June, before the 26th June Bargaining L&L session. Action: Reg