April 28 2020 / 1:00 pm / by phone and JoinMe


Stan Buday, Pierre Touchette, Deb Butler, Stacy McLaren, Patricia Williams, Rob Scott, Robert Tellier, Eva Henshaw, Lucille Shears, Karim Chaggani, Tony Goddard, Yvonne Snaddon, Gordon Bulmer


Staff:  Denise Doherty Delorme


1. Welcome

Stan called the meeting to order at 1:14 and welcomed the entire exec to the meeting. 

2. Adoption of Agenda

Moved by Gordon seconded by Stacy carried

The Exec held a moment of silence for those workers killed on the job

3. Approval of Minutes of Last meeting(s).

Moved by Gordon seconded by Tony carried

4. Business Arising from the minutes


  1. CS web page as item for the planning meeting
  2. Stan to discuss coms issue with staff and Debi - Stan had a discussion with Denise and within PIPSC and staff about what elements need approval and by who.  A need to clearly define which sorts of communications will need central approval and what elements don’t is being undertaken by staff -  A review of the process by the AC is an item up for discussion.  Timeliness and how we communicate with members are elements up for discussion.  Staff meetings on this topic will be ongoing.

5. New business

  1. PIPSC AGM - should we ask for delegates anyway even though the final form of the AGM is up in the air.  Stacy will prepare a call for delegates with the assumption of a normal AGM or some sort of changed full details in about 2 weeks.  Resolutions still need to be in 12 weeks before the current AGM date.
  2. CS AGM - the Exec will wait for further direction from the Board, further discussion at our next meeting.
  3. The new working reality - Membership officer and the Secretary will have a look at how we as an executive can help our members with the reality of the new workplace. 
  4. Show Your Colours Debrief - the need for the NOC and the subgroup presidents to have access to members home emails to ensure as much coverage as possible.  Next date May 22nd
  5. Budgets - no new submissions received so current budget limits maintained.
  6. SSC Conversion plan - general discussion of the process that SSC is intending to roll out.  Concern with regard to education standards.  Stan will look to invite Craig to our next exec meeting to discuss.
  7. Working calendar - Pat discussed the creation of such a document and what is involved.

6. Executive reports/Activities d’executive

a. President (Stan) -  nill from the last two weeks

b. Vice-President (Pierre) - short verbal report of recent work issues

c. Treasurer / Trésorière (Deb) - a few expenses

d. Steering Committee/Secretary - nill

e. Bargaining / Negotiations (Robert/Denise) - Denise gave a short update on the current status of the PIC etc.

f. NOC/ROC- Mobilization (Pierre) - notice of the next event out soon to increase participation.  NOC steering this week at 7 thursday.

g. Communications (Tony) - show your colours report will be on the google

h. Subgroup officer (Rob) - nill

i. Steward officer (Patricia) - survey in development

j. Membership Officer (Stacy) - AGM planning underway

k. Labour Relation & Consultation Officer (Yvonne) - nill

l. Classification (Karim/Lucille) - no changes in time lines currently

m. Contracting out Officer (Eva) - nill

7. Other business/Roundtable

  1. A fulsome discussion of masks yes or no

8. Next meeting

  • Executive meeting May 12 1-4pm central time every two weeks




  • Stacy to send out call for delegates
  • Classification update after meeting
  • Pat to send example of Working Calendar