The Commerce & Purchasing (CP) Group executive is seeking nominations for the following 13 executive national positions, elected for a 3-year term.
- BC/Yukon Regional Representative
- Prairies/NWT Regional Representative
- National Capital Regional Representative
- Ontario Regional Representative
- Quebec Regional Representative
- Atlantic Regional Representative
- 3 Members-at-Large
Nominations must be submitted by 12:00 PM (noon) ET on April 23, 2021.
The nomination and election process is governed by our Group bylaws.
Notes on the process:
- Nominations must be supported by at least 2 CP members.
- The Elections Committee will review the nominations to make sure nominees are eligible.
- Should the number of candidates for a position exceed the number of positions to be filled, the Elections Committee will arrange for an election by the applicable members in that region.
- Nominees must indicate a willingness to serve, if elected.
As a member of the group executive, your role is to:
- Further the professional interests of the members
- Protect the status and standards of our profession
- Represent the views of the members on matters affecting them
- Ensure that the interests of the Group are represented in all proceedings of the employer and of the union
A complete list of the duties of the CP Group Executive are listed as part of CP Group By-Law 6.7.
This is a voluntary role, and you will be eligible for union leave to participate in all union activities. The Group executive will meet as frequently as is required, but at least twice a year.
The 2021 Election Committee is made up of: Thomas A. Kirkpatrick – Chair , Christopher P. L'Estrange, Mladen Komnenic, Patrick Provost, Leslie Hill, Nancy Lavoie, Zul Nanji.