The Prairie/NWT Young Professionals Committee (PNYPC) is seeking nominations for the following positions:
- 5 large Branch Representatives. One from each branch: Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, Regina.
- 1 Small Branch Representative. One representative from the Denwood, Lacombe-Red Deer, Lethbridge, Northeastern Alberta, Northern Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Prince Albert, or Suffield Branches
For the upcoming 2-year term there will be 4 positions, and for the upcoming 1-year term, there will be two positions. Terms will begin in January 2023 with a meeting thereafter.
Submit your nomination by December 15, 2022, using the form below.
The mandate of the committee is to:
- provide advice to the Regional Executive on matters related to young professionals
- increase confidence, skills, and knowledge regarding the union among young professionals
- mobilize young professionals to play a role in building the union for the future
Objectives of the committee include, but are not limited to:
- identifying barriers
- advocating on behalf of young professionals
- raising issues specific to young professionals
- fostering relationships with like-minded community groups
- reaching out to young professionals in the workplace
- educating young professionals on the union’s role and its benefits
All PNYPC members will be expected to:
- Make a commitment to be available for meetings and events
- Organize events within their branch
- Work closely as a team as well as independently to ensure committee objectives are met
- Engage members on issues and collect feedback
All Prairie/NWT members under the age of 40 are encouraged to put their names forward.
Please disconnect from the government's VPN and use a personal device in order to ensure the form loads.