MEETING PRAIRIE/NORTHWEST TERRITORIES REGIONAL EXECUTIVE (“PRE”) MEETING
HELD AT: Telephone Conference Call
START TIME: 2:00 PM MST
END TIME: 3:00 PM MST
DATE: January 4, 2018
- Nancy McCune, Regional Director
- Sharon Losinski, Regional Vice-Chair and Edmonton Branch Representative
- Stuart Kidd, Secretary-Treasurer
- Bonnie Pratt, Calgary Branch representative
- Bobby Eiswirth, Regina Branch Representative
- Brent Maine, Winnipeg and Southern Manitoba Branch Representative
- Robert Trudeau, Saskatoon Branch Representative
CALL TO ORDER
Nancy McCune called the telephone conference call meeting to order at 2:00 PM MST. A short delay occurred as executive members called in. Nancy M mentioned that Nancy Shalay was on vacation and would not be participating in telephone conference call.
1. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
No agenda was prepared. The purpose of conference call meeting was to review and then select Prairie & NWT participants for PIPSC national committees. Nancy M had previously sent up a listing of PIPSC members interested in becoming members of national committees.
2. REVIEW OF CANDIDATES FOR PIPSC NATIONAL COMMITTEES
A lengthy discussion was held to review each candidate in the order of applicable national committee.
3. SELECTION OF REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVES FOR PIPSC NATIONAL COMMITTEES
A summary of regional representatives for PIPSC national committees (with second choices as applicable) follows:
- Election Appeals: Barrie Wickware
- Information Technology Services & Projects: Todd McCoy
- Elections: Patrick Provost
- Science Advisory: Jay Krishnan (1) and Patrick Cherneski (2)
- Human Rights & Diversity: Samah Henein (1) and Elizabeth Ptasznik (2)
- By-Laws & Policy: Christine Freeman
- Finance: Sharon Losinski (1) and Rob Trudeau (2)
- Professional Recognition & Qualifications: Stewart Wong (1) and Hugo Buttau (2)
- Training & Education: Bobby Eiswirth, Chair of the Prairie/NWT Regional Training Committee
4. ADJOURNMENT OF CONFERENCE CALL
Nancy M adjourned telephone conference call at 3:00 PM MST.