PIPSC WINNIPEG and SOUTHERN MANITOBA BRANCH EXECUTIVE MEETING
Tuesday August 18, 2020 5:00 pm
Present: Christine Freeman, Terri Gobeil, Cory Graham, David Hakes, Kevin Jacobs, Mo Khakbazan, Jason Caners, Pamela Kubicz
Regrets: Brent Maine, Donna Johnston, Pramesh Selliah
1. Call to Order
- Cory called the meeting to order at 17:07
- Approval of Agenda
Motion Cory/Second David
- Approval of Minutes:
- WSMB Executive April 7, 2020
Chris- moved, Terri seconded
- President’s Report
- PIPSC AGM will be virtual meeting December 5th, 2020
- Need to confirm delegates are still available
- For allocations draft minutes and a draft budget need to be provided to PIPSC of Branch Executive meetings
- Board decided no in-person meetings until at least 2021
- Events for 2021 can be booked with cancellation clause
- Prairie Regional Council being planned mid June 2021 in Calgary
- Vacancy on PRC executive
- Branch or Group Presidents can request Zoom accounts
- Committees of the Board extended until 2021 unless member wishes to step down.
- PIPSC staff transitioning back to offices
- New manager in Prairie and Northwest Territories Region and team lead for Edmonton office.
- Employee Wellness Support Program
- Phoenix replacement stalled due to pandemic, being tested by Heritage Canada and CRA
- Next PRE teleconference in September
- Treasurer’s Report – Jason
No expenses since the AGM.
6. New Business
- Special Events
- Cannot have open houses
- Probably not possible to contribute to holiday events
- Discussion of reaching out to members via email or other means
- Discussion on having a prize draw for members (members may have to answer a knowledge question)
- Round Table
- Chris back in the office- crowding not an issue as very few staff are present.
- Terri mentioned some staff having difficulty securing child care.
- Kevin indicated he has been appointed to the SP Group Executive Committee.
- David indicated the CS group still has not reached a new deal with the employer.
- Pam indicated the AFS group representative re-elected.
- Cory shared that the Pallister Government has decided to appeal the court decision that ruled Bill 28 (the Public Services Sustainability Act) as unconstitutional.
- Cory made a motion to adjourn
Meeting adjourned at 17:45