Wednesday April 20, 2022 5:30 pm

Montana’s restaurant Polo Park Winnipeg, MB



Present:   Jason Caners, Cory Graham, Kevin Jacobs, Mo Khakbazan, Donna Johnston, Pamela Kubicz,, Pramesh Selliah, Brent Maine,

Regrets:   Terri Gobeil,  Christine Freeman,  David Hakes


  1. Call to Order

Cory called the meeting to order at 17:48


  1. Approval of Agenda

Move by Pam, Seconded by Donna



  1. Approval of Minutes:
    1. Last meeting -  March 23, 2022

Moved by Kevin, Seconded by Brent



  1. President’s Report (Cory)
    1. Prairie Regional Council call for delegates (WSMB is awarded– 18 spots). Calgary June 10-11, 2022.
      • There were five vacant delegate spots for Branch due to lack of interest.
      • One person withdrew however substitute found
      • Note: Calgary Branch also had five vacant delegate spots
      • Any observers from other branches likely to be elevated to delegate status.
    2. Labour school (advanced steward training) May 12-14, 2022
      • Good enrolment (waiting list)
    3. Basic steward training was cancelled because of lack of enrolment.
      • One time combined BC/Yukon P/NWT basic steward training being planned
    4. In the autumn Leadership Essentials is planned (branch presidents and one other person to be selected after WSMB Executive election)
    5. Steward Council is scheduled for September in Edmonton
      • Question will there be steward award nominations this year? Pam checked during the meeting and indicated yes there would be.
  1. Treasurer’s Report (Jason)
    1. Report on file. Budget on track.
    2. AGM has $X budget.


  1. New Business
    1. Engagement activities
  • Deferred until after the AGM
  1. Old Business
    1. Brandon Open House
      • Mo to provide information at future meeting on what is planned.
      • Possibility of requesting “Better Together” funding
    2. AGM
      • Wednesday May 18
      • Jason noted that 25 members have registered so far normally there would be about 60 people in attendance.
      • Two indicated they were attending the meeting only
      • Terri volunteered to provide the Land Acknowledgement.
      • Pam provided an update from the elections committee indicating there were 6 nominations to date.
      • Cory to ask PIPSC to send a reminder to members.
      • Door prizes. Jason noted the Branch has five cinema door prizes remaining

Motion: to purchase enough door prizes for number or people registered up to $X total.

Moved by Brent

Seconded by Pramesh

Discussion on the nature of the door prizes and vendor, MLCC, cinema, grocery store, etc.


  • In Kevin’s absence from AGM Pramesh graciously volunteered to be the secretary for the AGM


  1. Round table:
    • Kevin: attending SP Group Executive in Montreal in April
    • Donna: none
    • Mo: (inaudible)
    • Pramesh: Attending CS AGM
    • Jason: none
    • Cory: MAGE Group AGM- virtual
    • Brent: none


Motion: To authorize the expenditure of up to $X for get well package for David

Moved by Cory

Seconded by Pramesh



  1. Adjournment

Moved by Cory, Seconded by Kevin


Meeting adjourned at 18:23