Meeting starts: 5:15 p.m.
In Attendance: Michael Kenny, Brian Hassall, Susan Amog-Hassall, Michelle Tran, Zul Nanji, Tom Iwinski, Andrew Wigmore, , April Chen, Andra Weis, Art Iwinski.
Regrets: Abraham Garcia
2. Agenda was provided in advance electronically. Michael asked if there are any other items to include to the agenda. There were no other items proposed. Zul put the motion to approve the agenda and seconded by Andra. The agenda was approved.
3. The OCB Executives reviewed and discussed the OCB Draft Minutes from 03 October 2022. After a short discussion there was a motion by Zul and seconded by Andrew to approve the Minutes. The OCB Draft Minutes were approved and will be emailed to PIPSC for translation and posting on the PIPSC website. Michael asked if there are any items from the Minutes to discuss.
4. Andrew, followed up the OCB executive meeting from November 21, 2022, he did the research with respect to the pricing of electronic devices. Between the meetings, Andrew emailed the motion based on the hybrid meetings previously agreed and approved to allow executive members to sign on and effectively participate in our Union meetings. And, in addition, we need the electronic devices to bring to our events to assist members and events organization in general. The motion was approved secretarially by emails, between the meetings.
5. Michael declared that there was no other business arising from the Minutes to discuss.
6. Committee Chairs provided Committees reports. Finance Committee, the outstanding item from the Finance Committee is to provide the report relate to the treatment of the electronic devices expenses. Brian suggested to keep it on OCB books and records as an asset item. After short discussion, Michael made the motion to have the Finance Committee review how the depreciation of the electronic devices would work and report back at the next meeting. Seconded by Andrew, carried.
Michelle acknowledged that the Finance Committee will be providing a final recommendation in terms of the asset depreciation rate at the Planning Session in January 2023. All other committees defer their comment till the next meeting in January.
Zul will be providing an update for important election policy changes.
Michael raised through email, after the electronic devices were purchased, to also purchase cases with keyboards to bring better use for the electronic devices as assets for the OCB Executives.
The motion was approved secretarially by emails, between the meetings.
7. The New Business. Two movie events to attend by 400 union members, at the cost of $8600. Motion made by email by Michael, seconded by Andrew. The motion was approved secretarially by emails, between the meetings.
8. Visibility items. There was a proposition to purchase swags for the union members for the next year events. Seconded by Andrew. The motion was approved secretarially by emails, after the meeting.
9. Treasurer report. Michael provided financial update and Abraham will provide more updates at the next OCB meeting in January 2023.
10. Round table. Michelle mentioned an update to the Health Plan provided virtually on December 13. She said it was very useful and worth to follow up with our union members. She brings this up to the Planning Session in January.
Andrew put the motion, to all member to claim a dinner for this meeting i.e., December 19 and two previous meetings i.e., for October 03, and November 21, as the meetings were relatively long, and they were during the dinner time. Seconded by Tom. Motion carried.
There was no other business to be discussed.
11. Michael put a motion to adjourn the meeting. Meeting adjourned at 6:43 p.m.