The Department of National Defence (DND) Consultation Team is looking for a volunteer to represent the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC) as the B.C. / Yukon Regional Representative for a term of two years.
All DND stewards are welcome to put their names forward for the position but preference will be given to stewards who work within the B.C. / Yukon region in DND.
The duties for this new position include:
- Represent the Institute with the employer and convey the Institute's objectives and decisions to members and the employee, as defined by the PIPSC Policy on Union-Management Relations.
- Lead the B.C / Yukon regional consultation team.
- Ensure representation at local and regional UMCCs.
- Identify and refer issues to the national level consultation team as needed.
- Forward minutes to the Communications Officer.
- Ensure the distribution of information to stewards.
- Maintain the accuracy of the information related to their region's structure.
Please respond to DND Consultation President Glenn Maxwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested and include your resume of experience with union activities, and consultation experience.
The deadline for applications is May 1st, 2019.
National Defence | Défense Nationale
Consultation President | Président de Consultation
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada | Institut professionnel de la fonction publique du Canada
Telephone | Téléphone 613-403-7638