Nominations are open for the 2021 WFCC Group Executive! There are 3 executive positions, elected for a 3-year term:
- Vice President
Nominations must be submitted by 4:00 PM ET on February 12, 2021.
Members are encouraged to participate in this union leadership opportunity, especially if they identify as a member of an equity-seeking group.
Summary of the process:
- Nominations must be supported by at least 3 WFCC members
- The Elections Committee will review the nominations to make sure nominees are eligible
- Should the number of candidates for a position exceed the number of positions to be filled, the Elections Committee will arrange for an election
- Nominees must indicate a willingness to serve, if elected
As a member of the group executive, your role is to:
- Further the professional interests of the members
- Protect the status and standards of our profession
- Represent the views of the members on matters affecting them
- Ensure that the interests of the Group are represented in all union and employer proceedings
This is a voluntary role, and you will be eligible for union leave to participate in all union activities. The Group Executive will meet as frequently as is required, but at least twice a year.
The 2021 Election Committee is comprised of:
Tom Kirkpatrick - Chair