SP-NCR Sub-Group Executive Meeting
Tuesday, January 24, 2017; 18:00 – 20:00 Hrs
1. Roll Call: Aruna Dixit, Norma Domey, Sushil Dixit, Mike Farbod Stefan Palko, Shamil Cathum, Réjean Simard, Joanne Papineau, Phil Wang, Tariq Francis, and Waheed Khan were present.
2. Review & Approval of the Agenda: The Agenda was approved.
3. Approval of the minutes of Thursday, November 3, 2016 meeting: Minutes were reviewed and approved.
4. Welcome New Members
• Bylaws: New members were warmly welcomed and the Sub-Group by-laws were shared with them. Processes and procedures to organize meetings and events, including accounting for the utilization of budget were also discussed.
5. Financial update: Shamil provided an update on the budget.
6. PIPSC & SP Group Initiatives-update:
• SP Bargaining update: Waheed provided an update on the ratification process and timelines for sending out the package of information. Mike provided an update from the SP Sub-Groups teleconference which he attended.
• SP Group will hold its AGM in Ottawa on May 27. Norma provided an update on the work of the by-laws committee which will bring forward proposed amendments for approval at the SP AGM.
7. 2017 Action Plan: All
• Lunch & Learn: SP-NCR has organised four Lunch & Learn sessions since reaching tentative agreement with TBS in early December, and more such sessions will be organized in the lead up to ratification. These L&L are very helpful to members who have questions. It was noted that coordination will be improved to help reach out to all members of SP-NCR.
• The next Executive meeting will be held before SP AGM 2017.
• The meeting was adjourned at 20:00 hrs.