50 Victoria Street SP sub-group

Minutes for executive meeting

July 8th, 2021 – 12 to 1 pm


Present: Marcel Beaudoin, Jay Fothergill, Mary Murphy, Celine Fletcher, Maria Salazar, Adel El Hamad and Reginald Linco

Absent: Mazen Hijazi, Akid Azfar, Maria Salazar and Hassan Bayaa

Opening of meeting – Approval of Agenda


  1. Approval of agenda
  2. Approval of minutes – 27th May 2021
  3. Subgroup president's meeting
  4. Drop in meeting
  6. Subgroup AGM Elections?? (Jay) 
  7. Other PIPSC Meetings (Hassan) 
  8. Guest Speaker? (all) 
  9.  Ideas on spending money/Possible purchases as door prizes (Adel) 
  10. $1100 from PSAC Collective Agreement
  11. Round Table
  12. Next meeting date


  1. No objections to Agenda.
  2. Approval of 27th May 18th, 2021 executive meeting minutes
    • Minutes of the previous meeting approved by all.


  1. Subgroup president's meeting


    • Jay gave a brief update on what occurred at the meeting.
    • It was recommended that subgroups hold the AGM and elections but are not required for 2021.
    • Action: Marcel to find out if we can use Zoom on work PCs/laptops.


  1. Drop in meeting
  • Decent turn out, @ 15-20 virtual drop-ins.
  • Good interaction between executive and members.
  • Topics discussed:
    • EWSP: on hold due to turnover at TB.
    • Date for physically returning to workplace: unknown yet.
    • Discussion on a wellness room separate from the quite and prayer room. This wellness room could be for a yoga, etc.
    • Bargaining update: call for team members summer/fall 2021 and bargaining to commence @Fall 2023.
    • Grievance on requirements for SG-PAT5 to be in the office: grievance lost.


  • 2nd round of the AGM was fairly quick and went well.


  1. Subgroup AGM Elections
  • See item #3
  • Actions:
    • 1. Further discussion for everyone at next meeting
    • 2. Marcel to send out email to members asking members if they want AGM/elections.


  1. Other PIPSC Meetings
  • Hassan was unavailable and therefore no update.


  1. Guest Speaker?
  • This has been deferred until results if members want an AGM/election.


  1. Ideas on spending money/ Possible purchases as door prizes
  • Adel sent out an email on items (available on the PIPSC e-store) that could be used as prizes.
  • To be discussed further at next meeting.


  1. $1100 from PSAC Collective Agreement
  • Due to Phoenix issues, the distribution of the $1100 to members should go out in Fall of 2021.


  1. Round Table
  • Discuss:
    • at next meeting on ideas on spending monies as per 2021 budget and AGM/elections
    • next drop in meetings

Next Meeting

  • email to be sent out to find out if end of August or September is best for next meeting and Secretary will send out a meeting request.

Action: Reg