CALL FOR NOMINATION 2019 ELECTIONS (REGIONAL POOL POSITIONS)
There are seven (7) SP National Executive regional pool positions to be filled by an election for a three-year term, to expire with the completion of regional pool elections in 2022. The positions are as follows:
- One (1) regional position for members in each of the five regions:
- Prairies and Northwest Territories
- British Columbia and Yukon
- Two (2) National Capital Region (NCR) regional positions open only to SP members in the NCR.
Regular members agreeing to fill a position on the Group Executive must stand for election in the region in which their workplace is located. Retired members agreeing to fill a position on the Group Executive must stand for election in the region in which their residence is located, and only if no regular members are standing for election [Bylaws 7.2].
As shown on the attached Nomination Form, each nominee must indicate a willingness to serve, if elected, and each nomination must be supported by at least five (5) members of the SP Group. If the number of candidates for a position exceeds the number of positions to be filled, the Elections Committee will arrange for an election by the applicable members in that region.
Date of first National Executive meeting, following the elections, will be held on June 7th, 2019.
The 2019 Election Committee is comprised of:
- Donald Lefebvre – firstname.lastname@example.org (819-639-8195)
- Daniel Ingram – email@example.com (306-564-4483)
- Thomas Landry - firstname.lastname@example.org (506-863-4731)
Completed forms are to be received by email no later than 4:00 pm (close of business, Ottawa time), February 18th, 2019 at the following address:
SP Group Elections Committee care of email@example.com