Meeting location: LaPiazza Ristorante, Chebucto Rd, Halifax
- Meeting was called to order at 6:20pm by Jenn Cantwell, President.
- Welcome and Introductions: Jenn Cantwell welcomed the participants to the meeting. There were a total of 15 members in attendance.
- Approval of Agenda. Moved by Jenn and seconded by James. Carried.
- Adoption of the minutes of 2018 AGM. Everyone reviewed the minutes of the previous AGM. There were no questions so Jenn motioned to accept and Selena seconded. Carried.
- Business arising from the minutes: none.
- Report of the President: Jenn reported on union activities of the past year. Jenn stated that this year’s AGM was one of the best attended in the past few years. The group’s goal for this year is to have two successful social events to foster communication and comradery. Ideas can be forwarded to the executive.
- Annual Financial Report: Heather had forwarded a copy of the 2018/2019 financial reports, and the group is in good financial standing. Selena motioned to accept and Jenn seconded.
- Election of Officers: A call for nominations for Secretary took place. One nomination from the floor was for Alicia Graham, and with no other nominations, was proclaimed.
- Bargaining Update: Colin Muise, President of the SH Bargaining Team, provided the group with an update on bargaining negotiations. He also answered a number of questions from the group as well as educating on the bargaining process as a whole.
- Round table: Service Canada: There was a question around where and how to access PIPSC funding to contribute to office/workplace social events that entailed collaboration with other unions.Jenn provided some information and noted there were some factors that would be considered; but overall if it made sense for our SH members, then the SH subgroup would try to support that activity. Stewards were also encouraged to enquire whether funding could be secured via the Better Together and Do Better campaigns
Meeting Adjourned at 7:50pm