RE CANMET HAMILTON SUB-GROUP ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
988 King Street West, Hamilton
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
5:30 – 7:30 PM
Attendees: Michael Greenwood, Amjad Javaid, Jidong Kang, Delin Li, Kumar Sadayappan, Babak Shalchi Amirkhiz, Colin Scott, Irina Pushkareva, Yu-Chih Tseng
Agenda Items / Discussion/Action
#1 Call to order
Jidong called the meeting to order at 5:40pm. In all 9 members attended the meeting.
#2 Approval of the Agenda
Jidong circulated the meeting agenda to the attendees. After discussion,
(Motion - Mike; Second - Kumar).
#3 Adoption of the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
Kumar distributed a printed copy of the minutes of the 2018 Annual General Meeting to the attendees. The members reviewed the content and approved the minutes as presented.
(Motion - Delin; Second - Babak).
#4 Business Arising from the Minutes
#5 Report of the President
Jidong presented the ‘President Report’ (appendix 1).The change in the executive with the departure of Xin Pang, events conducted in 2018-2019 and the proceedings of the RES AGM were the main topics of the discussion. Discussions followed the presentations.
#6 Annual Financial Report
Kumar reported the Annual Financial Report 2018- 2019 (Appendix 2). This includes all expenses of all subgroup activities and the financial status of the Sub-group bank account. Members approved the report as submitted after Jidong explained the donation to the PIPSC Legacy foundation.
(Motion - Babak, Second - Jidong).
# 7 Approval of Budget
Kumar also distributed the hard copies of Proposed Budget for the year 2019-2020 and discussed the details. After discussion, all attendees approved the plan, with three events.
(Motion - Mike, Second - Delin).
#8 Report of the Elections Committee
Mike and Yimin formed the Election Committee. As the Election Committee did not conduct an election as it received only three nominations (Jidong, Amjad, and Kumar). The Election Committee declared Jidong, Amjad, and Kumar to be members of the Executive Committee. The members will share the various roles and duties of the committee after discussions.
#9 New Business
Jidong presented the status on the ongoing negotiations of ‘Collective Agreement’. He elaborated on the agreed upon the salary, leave and other central Table discussions.
Meeting adjourned at 7:20 pm.
Motion - Amjad
Second - Kumar
President Report for
Annual General Meeting (AGM) of CANMET Hamilton RE Sub-Group
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
CANMET Hamilton RE Sub-Group currently has 22 members. Some of the key activities of our RE Sub-Group are as follows:
- Dr. Xin Pang resigned the position of Secretary/Treasurer on February 26, 2019 for personal reasons. Dr. Kumar Sadayappan was appointed by the remaining Executive Committee members as the new Secretary/Treasurer effective February 26, 2019 as per the Subgroup Bylaw 6.7.2. The Executive Committee commended Dr. Xin Pang’s dedication and service to the Subgroup and members.
- CANMET Hamilton RE Sub-Group Executive had five regular meetings after its May 15, 2018 AGM. The minutes of these meetings were posted on PIPSC website under CANMET Hamilton RE Sub-Group.
- A special Lunch & Learn event was organized on December 11, 2018. A Q&A session was held by the Executive Committee members on issues affecting members.
- Jidong Kang attended the RE-Group Annual General Meeting held on May 3, 2019 and the RE Sub-group Presidents’ Meeting on May 4, 2019.
- Dr. Kumar Sadayappan has been appointed as a PIPSC Steward in May 2019.
- An informal local management-labour consultation committee was formed (separated from PISAC) and has scheduled quarterly meetings with the management starting in June, 2019.
The CANMET Hamilton RE Sub-Group Executive committee members thank all of you for your support, and look forward to your continued participation in our future activities.