Your Bargaining Team is very pleased to announce that a Tentative Agreement was signed with the Employer, completing this round of negotiations. The team worked diligently, ensuring we finalized a contract before potential election delays, while securing many important gains and safeguarding the contract against any major concessions. We thank all the members of the NEB Group for their support during this round of negotiations.
The tentative agreement will be shared in detail soon for members to review in preparation for ratification. Below is an overview of the most noteworthy amendments - including pay.
The Agreement will cover four (4) years, with an expiration of October 31, 2022.
The settlement includes:
General economic increase over four years: 7%
- 2% increase as of November 1, 2018
- 2% increase as of November 1, 2019
- 1.5% increase as of November 1, 2020
- 1.5% increase as of November 1, 2021
NEB group specific economic increases:
- .8% increase as of November 1, 2018
- .2% increase as of November 1, 2019
- New language on registration fees and partial reimbursements when there are direct saving to the employer for member career development opportunities.
- Personal leave day (exchange for volunteer day).
- Commitment by the employer to review career development policies and develop selection criteria in consultation with the Union.
- Expansion to the family definitions, for all family related leaves and bereavement.
- More flexible use of family related leave for daycare closures and school functions.
- New language on travel leave status.
- Development of a joint Employer-Union working group to revise the Performance Pay Plan and assess the rolling in of the Calgary Allowance.
- Ten paid days of non-medical leave for victims of domestic violence.
- Lump sum of 400$ for implementation timelines and further specific penalties for late implementation.
- Updated parental leave timeframes.
- Improved Parental top-up benefit for sharing and adoptive parents.
- Protected caregiving leave.
- MoU respecting Employee Wellness Support Program
- MoU respecting Common Pay Administration
- MoU updating collective agreements with gender inclusive language
In the coming weeks all members will receive a detailed ratification package with all the changes highlighted. Please take the time to read and understand all the changes. The team will be scheduling a town hall to answer any questions you may have – keep an eye out!
You will be invited to vote on this new collective agreement package in the coming weeks. We will announce dates shortly.
Again, the team appreciates all the support and interest members took in this round of negotiations.
Your Bargaining Team