Winnipeg & Southern Manitoba CS Group
June 25, 2019
One Great City Brewing Co
In attendance: Rose Dong, David Hakes, Brody Bell, Jason Caners, Pramesh Selliah, Andre Saive, Kris Schellekens.
Regrets: Ken Jackson, Roy Mulchand, Dennis Savage, Curtis Gibson.
- Call to Order: Rose Dong called the meeting to order at 5:40pm
- Old Business: Rose advises the minutes from the CS Group AGM were accepted.
- Treasurer’s Report: There is currently $3263 in our sub group bank account.
- Four pizza lunches were held (at no cost);
- AGM door prizes purchased for $150; and
- Final allotment of $2330 (full) was granted by PIPSC.
- Proposed Expenditures: Rose will be sending out some proposed expenditures in the coming weeks. Some ideas are promotional items for the Executive (available through Daquin Sales, our preferred vendor).
- Conferences: Rose attended a the CS Group AGM held in Winnipeg this year, a few topics of discussion were:
- The change from CS to IT;
- Main table @ 7%, 1% pay parity, 6.5% market adjustment; and
- More training for members.
- Visability: Pramish attended the ROC conference. It was agreed that more visibility is required from the membership, especially with this being an election year (they will also purchase promotional items for members).
- Minutes from CS AGM: Kris has detailed notes from the CS AGM if anyone is interested, they can reach out to her direct.
- Promotional Items: The Executive has been asked to go through promotional items for the membership. Jason identified that it is important to have the items paid for before December.
- Funding: Jason advised the allotment of our funding is based on the December 31st account balance (it needs to be under $1200 to receive funding the following year). The question was also raised on who has signing authority for our bank account. It was determined to be the President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Next meeting: Kris proposed our next meeting for September 12th. Brody asked all in attendance to think of potential venues.
- Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by Rose Dong, seconded by Brody Bell and carried a unanimous vote. The meeting was adjourned at 6:10pm.