Stan Buday, Pierre Touchette, Deb Butler, Stacy McLaren, Patricia Williams, Rob Scott, Steven Frechette, Eva Henshaw, Lucille Shears, Karim Chaggani, Tony Goddard, Yvonne Snaddon, Gordon Bulmer
Staff: Jean-Paul Leduc
Stan called the meeting to order at 1:06 and welcomed the exec to the meeting.
Moved by Gordon seconded by Rob - carried
Moved by Gordon seconded by Tony - carried
- Bargaining update - Report on the google soon - Rob gave an update
- CS AGM - Post mortem - good feedback received by Stacy - we do have a list of who asked to come and didn’t to keep for next years AGM
- Moved by Deb seconded by Stacy to get Sean a gift card of 50$ for chairing the AGM discussed Carried
- PIPSC AGM - Stan gave his views on the process and how the meeting continuation happened. The side chat for the CS members was well received and appreciated
- PIPSC Communications (Standing Item) sub committee members will meet before our next meeting with some suggestions for our action.
- Member engagement (standing item) (Yvonne and Eva) work is ongoing more at the next meeting
- Contract Proposals Committee Meeting Review (Rob) - Rob gave an update on the meeting and on the engagement of members to this four half-day meeting event. A good list of priorities was developed to give us a starting point going forward.
- Bargaining Team Selection - Rob discussed the process and who might want to volunteer for Bargaining and Mobilization long discussion resulting that we will look to create a bargaining committee of the whole executive and two sub committees a bargaining team to meet with TB and a bargaining support team to meet at the same time as the BT is meeting with TB. two other members
- BOD decisions (Eva) - attended the last board meeting and the BOD recent decision with regard to laptops capping expenditures and limiting those who on an executive can have such electronics. Moved by Karim seconded by Rob to approve funds for 3 laptops (4.5K) discussed defeated Also three other resolutions that overturned decisions of the National AGM were discussed and the Executive was very upset at this action.
- PIPSC Resolution proposal support (Eva) - raised the topic of bylaw changes with regard to the makeup of the national strike committee. The idea was fully supported by the executive
- Strategic Planning Meeting (Stan) - open discussion of where and when to hold an in person meeting :) tentative date of 13-14 of September two locations Kingston and or Toronto
- SubGroup Presidents Meeting (Lucille) face to face - Nov 19-20 Moncton or Montreal
- PIPSC AGM 2021 resolutions and delegates - Stacy brought up the logistics required for this.
A. President (Stan) -
b. Vice-President (Pierre) -
c. Treasurer / Trésorière (Deb) -
d. Steering Committee/Secretary -
e. Bargaining / Negotiations (Rob) -
f. NOC/ROC- Mobilization (Pierre) -
g. Communications (Tony) -
h. Subgroup officer (Lucille) - looking to schedule monthly open forum zoom meetings for the sub-group presidents.
i. Steward officer (Patricia) -
j. Membership Officer (Stacy) -
k. Labour Relation & Consultation Officer (Yvonne) -
l. Classification (Karim/Lucille) -
m. Contracting out Officer (Eva) -
7. Other business/Roundtable
- Will be done via doodle