Stan Buday, Pierre Touchette, Deb Butler, Stacy McLaren, Patricia Williams, Rob Scott, Eva Henshaw, Lucille Shears, Karim Chaggani, Tony Goddard, Yvonne Snaddon, Gordon Bulmer, Steven Fréchette
Staff: Jean-Paul Leduc
Pierre called the meeting to order at 1:00 and welcomed the exec to the meeting.
2. Adoption of Agenda
Moved by Gordon seconded by Deb - carried
3. Approval of Minutes of Last meeting(s).
Moved by Gordon seconded by Pat - carried
4. Business Arising from the minute
- Bargaining update -
- PIPSC Communications (Standing Item)
- Member Engagement (standing item)
- Stacy will put list of CS delegates on the Google and regional reps will look at getting gift cards Confirmation motion - Moved by Gordon seconded by Stacy that each Delegate from the CS AGM will receive a 50$ gift card - discussed - carried
- The four previous selections will be offered
5. New business
- Bargaining Team Selection (Rob) - Rob gave an update on the process to select members outside the exec. 3 members will be selected and contacted to ensure they understand the level of commitment - Moved by Rob seconded by Yvonne to accept the Bargaining team members listed in Robs report be accepted - discussed - carried
- BOD decisions (Stacy) - Stacy gave an update on the special BOD meeting on the request for a special AGM and reported on a number of issues. Stan gave an update on some additional issues and on some issues from the AC
- PIPSC Resolution proposal support (Eva) - Eva will write up a resolution on VP Salary, and will submit by August 13.
- Strategic Planning Meeting (Stan) - Stan suggested putting together a sub committee to firm up the agenda for the planning meeting. An overview of the previous agenda led to a good discussion of the process.
- SubGroup Presidents Meeting (Lucille) - Stan gave an update on hotel quotes and locations
- PIPSC AGM 2021 resolutions and delegates (Stacy) - a review of the delegates selection and process
6. Executive reports/Activities d’executive
A. President (Stan) - short verbal report
b. Vice-President (Pierre) - short verbal report
c. Treasurer / Trésorière (Deb) - short verbal reports all ready for the AGM
d. Steering Committee/Secretary - no
e. Bargaining / Negotiations (Rob) - see above, and written report on the google
f. NOC/ROC- Mobilization (Pierre) - no
g. Communications (Tony) - see above
h. Subgroup officer (Lucille) - on the google
i. Steward officer (Patricia) - short verbal report issues with renewals
j. Membership Officer (Stacy) - message to rands in the works
k. Labour Relation & Consultation Officer (Yvonne) - verbal report
l. Classification (Karim/Lucille) - no
m. Contracting out Officer (Eva) -
7. Other business/Roundtable
- Eva gave an update on her ideas for the next contest for members and suggested that we finalize the details at the planning meeting.
8. Next meeting
- Planning meeting