September 21 2020 / 1:00 pm / by phone and zoom
Stan Buday, Pierre Touchette, Deb Butler, Stacy McLaren, Patricia Williams, Rob Scott, Robert Tellier, Eva Henshaw, Lucille Shears, Karim Chaggani, Tony Goddard, Yvonne Snaddon, Gordon Bulmer
Staff: Denise Doherty Delorme
Stan called the meeting to order at 1:15 and welcomed the exec to the meeting.
2. Adoption of Agenda
Moved by Gordon seconded Stacy by carried
3. Approval of Minutes of Last meeting(s).
Moved by Gordon seconded Pat by carried
4. Business Arising from the minutes
- CS AGM - Delegates list compiled and sent out, Sean to chair with Stacy and Gordon to co-host, draft Agenda on the google and the financials. Translation will be available. Officer reports need to be in soon to allow for translation. Bargaining update and IT conversion presentations.
- Moved by Robert seconded by Rob that all retired members who applied be approved as delegates discussed - Carried
- Moved by Stacy seconded by Lucille that each region be allocated 5 additional seats the NCR 10 for the CS agm at a cost of 10k discussed - Carried
- PIPSC AGM - Call has gone out, timeline discussed etc
- National town hall on the IT classification - still looking at holding even though the timeline from TB is currently on hold
- In Person meetings resolution - completed
5. New business
- Skills Training - Stan will ask Eddy to give the group presentation
- Bargaining update - Denise gave an update on the report and next steps. The next CS Byte will be ready tomorrow - moved by Robert seconded by Yvonne to purchase our own licence of nation builder - discussed carried
- CS Group Elections - Stacy suggests we select an Elections Chair , Rob, Pat, Stan are the committee. Committee will select a chair.
- SWAG/Promo Items Pierre provided an update
- PIPSC Mask - ETA? Open discussion of the long timelines
6. Executive reports/Activities d’executive
A. President (Stan) - short verbal report from Stan, a number of communications issues are ongoing
b. Vice-President (Pierre) - short verbal report and update on the status of essential services
c. Treasurer / Trésorière (Deb) - no change
d. Steering Committee/Secretary - no report
e. Bargaining / Negotiations (Robert/Denise) -
f. NOC/ROC- Mobilization (Pierre) - need a steering meeting this week
g. Communications (Tony) - working on AGM report
h. Subgroup officer (Rob) - working on AGM report
i. Steward officer (Patricia) - no report
j. Membership Officer (Stacy) - no report
k. Labour Relation & Consultation Officer (Yvonne) - report on the google
l. Classification (Karim/Lucille) - no news
m. Contracting out Officer (Eva) - no report
7. Other business/Roundtable
- Stan gave an update on the last AC meeting, virtual steward training update. Nov 6 will be the test of the AGM.
- Roberts laptop has been sent in for repair
8. Next meeting
- Executive meeting October 13th 1-4.