March 31 2020 / 2:00 pm / by phone


Stan Buday, Pierre Touchette, Deb Butler, Stacy McLaren, Patricia Williams, Rob Scott, Robert Tellier, Eva Henshaw, Lucille Shears, Karim Chaggani, Tony Goddard, Yvonne Snaddon, Gordon Bulmer


Staff:  Denise Doherty Delorme


1. Welcome

Stan called the meeting to order at 2:00 and welcomed the entire exec to the meeting. 

2. Adoption of Agenda

Moved by Gordon seconded by Lucille carried

3. Approval of Minutes of Last meeting(s).

Moved by Gordon seconded by Karim carried

4. Business Arising from the minutes/Action Items Tabled for the next meeting


  1. Backpacks delivered (all regions) - ongoing
  2. Develop steward activity report card for use at regional steward councils (Pat) - completed will be sent to the executive for review by email
  3. Content of CS web page as item for the planning meeting
  4. Pat to send links for welcome sheet and the collective agreement cheat sheet

5. New business

  1. Letter to CS members - Stan - the sooner we send out a letter to all members the better, the amended letter is available on the google drive for review. 


  1. Covid impacts - all - a round table discussion of the impacts on the current situation in the various departments.  A huge effort made by all stewards in all departments to support the government and members across Canada. 


  1. Bargaining update - Denise - brief update on the status of bargaining with a full meeting of the exec and bargaining team next week.  Work is going ahead


  1. COAT Campaign  - Eva - paperweights are ordered and we have a delay for a month on the processes in place now.  COAT agreed to postpone or question any tenders for 30 days during the current crisis.  Any grievances currently in process are still being filed.


  1. CS AGM - Stacy - on hold - new date might be required, Stacy to look at dates in September or October with the Hilton.  We might want to add info on the AGM to the letter that is going to be sent out.


  1. PIPSC AGM - discussion of how to reach members and should we go ahead with our call for delegates.  Stacy will look into how best to reach members and if we might not have all of the home addresses for everyone.


  1. CLC Convention - Cancelled


  1. Strategic Planning - Denise - suggestion to have a couple of online meetings to get ahead of this, and a couple of suggestions to go back to our traditional meeting time of late August.


  1. NOC - Show your colours in Isolation - discussion of how to get members involved now to show their colors at home. 


  1. TB People management policy changes - a review of the whole suite, concern was expressed on the potential that the telework policy would be changed.  Lucille and Karim to follow up on the stated changes to classification.

6. Executive reports/Activities d’executive tabled reports on the google drive

a. President (Stan)

b. Vice-President (Pierre) -

c. Treasurer / Trésorière (Deb) -

d. Steering Committee/Secretary -

e. Bargaining / Negotiations (Robert/Denise)

f. NOC/ROC- Mobilization (Pierre) -

g. Communications (Tony) -

h. Subgroup officer (Rob)

i. Steward officer (Patricia)

j. Membership Officer (Stacy)

k. Labour Relation & Consultation Officer (Yvonne)

l. Classification (Karim/Lucille) -

m. Contracting out Officer (Eva) -

7. Other business/Roundtable

  1. Eva - where does Eva send the information on grievance day to format before it gets posted.  Status of EWSP.  Status of the PIC briefing.

8. Next meeting

  • Bargaining meeting April 7 1-4
  • Executive meeting April 14 1-4 every two weeks starting April 14th