Stan Buday, Pierre Touchette, Deb Butler, Stacy McLaren, Patricia Williams, Rob Scott, Robert Tellier, Eva Henshaw, Lucille Shears, Karim Chaggani, Tony Goddard, Yvonne Snaddon, Gordon Bulmer
Staff: Jean-Paul Leduc
Guest: Denis Caissy
Stan called the meeting to order at 1:10 and welcomed the exec to the meeting. Happy new year :)
2. Adoption of Agenda
Moved by Gordon seconded by Tony - carried
3. Approval of Minutes of Last meeting(s).
Moved by Gordon seconded by Karim - carried
4. Business Arising from the minute
- Bargaining update -
- Vote results disclosure - a number of members are asking for details on the vote, past practice has not been to share the numbers. Question: Do we want to share more information? Discussed - no change to past practice and the decision made by the executive this round of bargaining not to share details of the ratification vote.
- Bargaining Questions - in depth discussion of a number of issues and some confusion around who answers what questions
- New group website Tony has done some investigations and one of our old domains will cost a great deal of money to get back but there are some options. For about 500$ per year we can set up our own messaging site. Suggested GroupeCSgroup.ca via GoDaddy.
Moved by Eva seconded by Tony that the group purchase via godaddy the domains ca and com and web page for 500$ for 2021 to be reviewed yearly for budgeting - discussed Carried
- PIPSC AGM resumption - do we need another caucus meeting? Suggested no but we should send out our cheat sheet. Suggested that we host a meeting the evening before the AGM Stacy to plan. PT will set up a slack chat group for the CS delegates.
5. New business
- Exclusion - JP - confirmed that PT will be the point person on this discussion with TB
- CS Elections - Rob gave an update on the elections and the call for nominations has been sent, the first version via nation builder was a very personal approach - had a wide ranging discussion on a number of issues related to covid, and our current work situation.
- Strategic Planning Meeting - Stan - long discussion of topics and processes and how to have this. JP took names for a planning committee to look at setting up the planning meetings
- Sending out communication to members (regular and rand) - discussion of the past and how to move forward
- Newsletter - yes lets
6. Executive reports/Activities d’executive
A. President (Stan) - short verbal report on the presidents activities
b. Vice-President (Pierre) - no
c. Treasurer / Trésorière (Deb) - short verbal
d. Steering Committee/Secretary - no
e. Bargaining / Negotiations (Robert/Denise) -
f. NOC/ROC- Mobilization (Pierre) - no
g. Communications (Tony) - no
h. Subgroup officer (Rob) - RCPM subgroup discussion ongoing
i. Steward officer (Patricia) - short verbal report issues with renewals (many stewards resigning)
j. Membership Officer (Stacy) -
k. Labour Relation & Consultation Officer (Yvonne) - no
l. Classification (Karim/Lucille) - no
m. Contracting out Officer (Eva) - verbal report on the current status
7. Other business/Roundtable
8. Next meeting
- Feb 16th 1pm exec meeting
- Feb 22nd 1pm planning meeting
- Follow up with Tony on the status of the CS Website