August 17 2020 / 6:30 pm / by phone and zoom


Stan Buday, Pierre Touchette, Deb Butler, Stacy McLaren, Patricia Williams, Rob Scott, Robert Tellier, Eva Henshaw, Lucille Shears, Karim Chaggani, Tony Goddard, Yvonne Snaddon, Gordon Bulmer


Staff:  Denise Doherty Delorme


1. Welcome

Stan called the meeting to order at 6:45 and welcomed the exec to the meeting. 

2. Adoption of Agenda

Moved by Gordon seconded Eva by carried

3. Approval of Minutes of Last meeting(s).

Moved by Gordon seconded Stacy by carried

4. Business Arising from the minutes

  1. ACTION: Stacy will put together a communication for members to advise them of the restrictions and process around the handling of resolutions. Ongoing
  2. ACTION:  Executive members to provide concerns around the virtual AGM to Stacy.  Stan to share our concerns with the other Group Presidents.  Document on the Google drive please add if you have any additional concerns. completed
  3. CS AGM - Board has set no in person meetings until December, should we have an online AGM?  Open discussion  Moved by Stan seconded by Deb that the CS group have a virtual AGM before Jan 1? Discussed carried Monday afternoon from 1-4 eastern time looking at October 19th. Stacy to look at LMB for translation and speakers and draft the agenda for approval of the executive.
  4. PIPSC AGM - open discussion of logistics.  Currently plan to hold the cs delegates meeting December 3rd 5:30 - 7:30 Stacy will make this a CVENT meeting.

5. New business

  1.  Promo Items - Moved by Pierre seconded by Deb to spend 2.4 k on more red t-shirts discussed - carried 

More discussion on the process of how to obtain approval for promo items.  Also discussed creating a plan and to set up an inventory document on the google drive.  Pierre will work with some other members of the exec to set up some controls

  1.  Treasurer Documents for AGM - are available on the google drive
  2.  Skills Training - carried to next meeting

6. Executive reports/Activities d’executive

A. President (Stan) - Short verbal report of current situation and the AC

b. Vice-President (Pierre) - short verbal report

c. Treasurer / Trésorière (Deb) - budget etc on the google drive

d. Steering Committee/Secretary - none

e. Bargaining / Negotiations (Robert/Denise) - none

f. NOC/ROC- Mobilization (Pierre) - short verbal report

g. Communications (Tony) - on the google drive

h. Subgroup officer (Rob) - no report.

i. Steward officer (Patricia) - short verbal report.

j. Membership Officer (Stacy) - short verbal report

k. Labour Relation & Consultation Officer (Yvonne) - verbal report given

l. Classification (Karim/Lucille) - report on the google

m. Contracting out Officer (Eva) - verbal Report


7. Other business/Roundtable

  1. Eva requested a meeting with the PIPSC strike committee to see where we go after the PIC.
  2. Eva gave some suggestions for visibility to the NOC with regard to posters on power poles near MP’s

8. Next meeting

  • Executive meeting September 1 6:30 est