The CFIA-S&A Group executive is seeking nominations for the following regional representative positions:
- Prairie/Northwest Territories Regional Representative – 3-year term
- Quebec Regional Representative – 3-year term
- British Columbia/Yukon Regional Representative – 3-year term
Submit your nomination by November 19, 2020, at 4:00 PM ET using the form below.
Members are encouraged to participate in this union leadership opportunity, especially if they identify as a member of an equity-seeking group.
The nomination and election process is governed by our Group bylaws, section 7.
Here is a summary of the process:
- Nominations must be supported by at least 5 CFIA-S&A Group members
- Nominees must be or become a CFIA-S&A Group steward
- The Elections Committee will review the nominations to make sure nominees are eligible
- If necessary, the Elections Committee will hold a vote
- Nominees must review and respect the Group Elections Code of Conduct
As a member of the group executive, your role is to:
- further the professional interests of the members
- protect the status and standards of our profession
- represent the views of the members on matters affecting them
- ensure that the interests of the group are represented in all proceedings of the employer and of the union
This is a voluntary role.
Can’t access the form? Please submit your name, membership number, role you are nominating for, region, email, phone, and the names and emails of 5 nominators to email@example.com.