Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada
Annual General Meeting Minutes
January 24, 2017
A general meeting of the Lethbridge Branch of the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada was held on Tuesday, January 24, 2017
The meeting was held at the Garden Court Restaurant at the Lethbridge College. Dinner was provided courtesy of the Professional Institute.
Present: 24 PIPSC members were in attendance
Time: Pre-meeting at 6:00 pm Meeting at 6:30 pm
The evening’s events:
Surya Acharya presented the minutes from the 2016 annual general meeting.
Surya Acharya/ Andre Laroche moved to accept the minutes as presented. Carried
Presidents Report – Todd McCoy
- Showed a video of Scott Brison talking about the civil service and their contribution.
- Discussed Union President Debi’s vision going forward and our important contribution to the civil service, importance of collective bargaining, why out sourcing should be stopped, preservation of scientific integrity, promote tax fairness, defended our pension plan
- Discussed few ideas about future activities
Surya Acharya presented the Financial Statement which showed a bank balance of $3,604.13 on December 31, 2016.
Surya Acharya/Todd McCoy moved to accept the Treasurer’s report as presented. Carried
Report from Director for the Prairie/NWT Region – Nancy McCune
- Reported on the last union AGM and some major issues discussed in the meeting, deficit and increase in union dues.
Questions and concerns were discussed by the attendees.
Elections: Last years office bearers continue as they were elected for two years
Todd McCoy – President:
Vice President – Todd McCoy was elected as VP in 2016 and assumed President position due to resignation of the President.
Surya Achurya – Secretary/Treasurer:
Member at Large:
- Shayne Baker and Shannan Little had volunteered to serve as a Members at Large
These 5 PIPSC members will form the executive for the next year.
Break For Dinner
Closing Comments – Shayne Baker
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm
Minutes submitted by Surya Acharya