2017 President’s Report
It has been a busy year for the Penticton Subgroup!
- On the bargaining front we finally have a tentative agreement with CRA! 2017 Bargaining sessions were held on Jan 1013, Feb 7-10, Feb 28–Mar 3, Mar 21-24, May 9-12, and Sep 19-21. During each of these bargaining sessions our stewards organized visibility events in support of our bargaining efforts at the 277 Winnipeg St. office. (handing out information sheets, coffee, doughnuts etc.)
- We attended Union Management Consultation meetings with SITSO management on Mar 28 and July 18. The minutes of these meetings can be found at J:\PUBLIC\UMC\Meetings\PIPSC
- Simone and I participated in several regional teleconferences to discuss bargaining with our Regional Representative, Phil Choo.
- We hosted a successful Lunch and Learn session on performance management presented by Employment Relations Officer, Harinder Mahil.
- The Stewards attended the BC/Yukon Stewards Council in Richmond on Oct 19 – 21.
- Moira Dolan attended the National AFS Subgroup AGM in Ottawa in June on our subgroup’s behalf. Many topics were discussed including contract negotiations, sick leave etc.
- Simone and Moira facilitated PIPSC orientation sessions for new members.
- It has been a year of incredible growth our subgroup has grown from around 60 to over 70 members this year with more expected in 2018.
I would like to thank all of our Stewards for their hard work throughout the year. They have all generously donated their breaks, evenings and weekends to keep our subgroup and union running smoothly: Richard Barkwill, Crystal Berry, Stefan Dobernigg, Moira Dolan, Jose Jimenez, Phillip Mantler, Carolyn Martin, Dan Ricard & Simone Zobatar.
President - Penticton AFS Subgroup