L'Institut professionnel de la fonction publique du Canada

Hamilton/Burlington NR Sub-Group Executive Meeting # 1



Friday April 28, 2017 @ 12.00 pm

Location: Mandarin Restaurant, Burlington ON


Shirley Anne Smyth
Ryan Breivik
Frank Seglenieks
Sandra Kok
Asif Mohammed

  1. Welcome and Attendance

Shirley Anne Smyth welcomed the group and group members introduced themselves. 

  1. Approval of the Agenda

Meeting agenda was approved, moved by Frank Seglenieks, seconded by Sandra Kok, carried.

  1. Review and Approval of the Minutes of the Jan 27, 2016 executive meeting

The meeting minutes of the previous meeting was adopted, moved by Frank Seglenieks , seconded by Shirley Anne Smyth, carried.

  1. Business Arising from the Minutes – covered below
  2. Financial Report

Financial report was presented by Frank Seglenieks for the period Jan 30, 2017- March 31, 2017 Bank balance was discussed and approved. Moved by Frank Seglenieks, seconded by Ryan Breivik, carried.   

Action: Update on annual allowance to be provided by Frank.

  1. New Business

a) Phoenix – keep good records

b) NR April 2017 Bargaining update – No significant progress, as per PIPSC NR Group Newsletter of Jan 27 2017. It was suggested that once we know what the tentative collective agreement is a lunch and learn might be helpful to discuss any issues.

ACTION: Shirley Anne to keep abreast of this and call a meeting. 

c) Presidents Meeting/NR AGM June 9/10, St. John’s Newfoundland – NR Sub-Group Executive representative was needed as Shirley Anne was unable to attended.

ACTION : all to consider the offer and get back to Shirley Anne.  

d) Review of Bylaws

Bylaws were reviewed and no changes were warranted. Bylaws should be reviewed at the next Annual General Meeting of the sub-group.

e) Summer BBQ or other Subgroup activities

Try to schedule date to be consecutive with the SP Sub-Group’s BBQ for logistics so that the BBQ and picnic tables stay for another day. 

Consider having lunch and learn session at CANMET, as having another location would be helpful to be more inclusive to members outside of ECCC. Ryan also suggested a curling social event.

ACTION: Ryan to provide details for further consideration.

ACTION: Shirley Anne to check with Enzo Barresi and to fix date of BBQ

f) Update from National Executive was provided by Asif Mohammed. 

Next meeting dates

g) The NR Hamilton-Burlington Subgroup Exec Meeting will be held in late June.

ACTION: Ryan to send out a Doodle poll to firm up date.  

h) Adjournment

Today’s meeting was adjourned at 1:45 pm, moved by Frank Seglenieks, seconded by Sandra Kok, carried.