Zoom Virtual Meeting
In attendance: Rose Dong, David Hakes, Brody Bell, Andre Saive, Kris Schellekens, Pramesh Selliah, Roy Mulchand
Regrets: Dennis Savage, Jason Caners, Ken Jackson
- Call to Order: Rose Dong called the meeting to order at 4:06pm, noting it has been a while since we’ve had a meeting due to the COVID19 pandemic;
- PIC: Rose advises the last meeting between PIPSC and the Employer ended up in an offer of 5.6% over three years, offer unacceptable as others are receiving 8% over four years. Michael Wright is the attorney representing the CS Group, and we are asking for 7% over four years, plus 1.5% for pay parity with other groups such as CRA AFS, and additional 3% market adjustment for a total of 11.5%. Clarifications required on callback provisions, better employee performance reviews, process that includes a training plan, and overtime adjustments.
- AGM: Rose reminded everyone that there are many positions that are up for a vote this year, hers included. Kris asked how long we can delay the AGM for, to which Rose will ask Stan Buday. There are limits on inside and outside gatherings, the group determined that an outside event at a park where members could bring their own lawn chair and grab a Subway sandwich may work. Kris recommended we do this in September to get a better turnout of the membership, and would also adhere to the restrictions currently in place by PIPSC.
- Treasury: Kris advises we currently have $XXXX in the bank account.
- Info Session: Rose will approach Stan Buday asking his availability to host an info session for members of the subgroup. Unanimous recommendation was a Tuesday at 4pm.
- Participation: Brody made a note that Dennis Savage has not attended any meetings since he joined the executive. Rose agreed and advised his position is up for renewal this year.
- New steward: Rose mentioned there is a new CS steward at the RCMP in Winnipeg, Daniel Girard.
- Next meeting: Next virtual meeting will be August 11th at 4:00pm on Zoom, invite to be sent out by Rose prior to the meeting.
- Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by Rose Dong and second by Roy. The meeting was adjourned at 4:42pm.