Greetings fellow CS Members. It has been my honour to serve you on the CS National Executive over the past term. I have demonstrated commitment, loyalty and a hard work ethic to the Executive, CS Members, and our Union.
I humbly ask you to return me to the CS Group National Executive.
While the world collectively deals with the COVID pandemic, CS Members have stood strong. Your hard work, dedication and selfless efforts have allowed Canadians to continue to receive the services they depend on during this crisis. I am proud to represent such an amazing group of individuals.
I have on your behalf:
• Challenged departments to comply with the new article on contracting out
• Monitored, questioned, and grieved contract tenders
• Lobbied MPs on CS Group concerns
• Represented CS Members on workplace issues
• Facilitated Information Sessions both in person and virtually
• Provided CS Group updates to PIPSC Consultation Team Presidents
• Worked effectively with Institute staff and other elected officials
• Mentored and provided training to Stewards
• Represented your interests in bargaining
• Promoted the interests of the CS Group and its members every day of my term in office
My goal over the next term on the CS Group National Executive is to:
• Continue to challenge the abuse of contracting out CS work
• Inform, educate, and represent members on the CS to IT reclassification
• Negotiate a fair collective agreement
• Continue to promote public awareness of privatization, its inherent inefficiency, and detrimental effect on the quality of services to Canadians
• Represent members affected by the Phoenix pay system
• Lobby the Government on the importance of career development and skills enhancement
• 2 years Consultation & Labour Relations Officer, CS National Executive
• 3 years member, CS National Executive
• Member, CS Group Bargaining Team
• Member, CS Group Contracting Out Action Team
• Member, CS Group MOA on Contracting Out Committee
• 6 years CS Group Regional Organizing Committee Chair
• Past President Toronto CS Subgroup
• Vice President, ESDC National Consultation Team
• 7 years Branch Liaison Officer, Ontario Regional Executive
• Founding Vice President, Greater Toronto Area Branch
• 16 years PIPSC Steward
One thing that continues to be clear to me, we need to involve and continually take the pulse of CS members. We need to know what you want in bargaining, workplace benefits, representation and engagement of youth in our union. The CS Executive work for and on behalf of all CSs across Government. I would love to hear from you to discuss what we can do for you and to collect creative ways to promote CSs in our new work environment.
Thank you for your consideration. I hope that I can rely on your support to re-elect me to the CS Group National Executive.
Proudly CS since 2000.