Meeting – March 21, 2019 at 5:00 pm
960-363 Broadway Ave., Winnipeg, MB
Present: Pramesh Selliah, Donna Johnston, Cory Graham, Chris Freeman, Kevin Jacobs, David Hakes, Linda Howes, Jason Caners
Regrets: Terri Gobeil, Jay Krishnan, Mo Khakbazan
1) Call to Order
- Linda called the meeting to order at 17:03.
2) Approval of Agenda
- Moved by Linda, seconded by Kevin, motion carried
3) Minutes of last meetings, Feb 12, 2019
- Moved by Linda, seconded by David. motion carried
4) President’s Report
- PRC – mandatory for all delegates to attend the March on May 25!
ACTION: all Executive to select an event that they wish to lead (ie hospitality, volunteer, appreciation). Come prepared for next meeting to discuss.
ACTION: PIPSC email will be required for future travel. Ie XXX@pipsc.ca Application on the website.
- See attached report for full details
5) Treasurer’s Report
- Have submitted AGM documents.
- Sent in for overcharges for wages from 2017 AGM.
- Line 07 & 09 to be revised in circulated financial statement to represent 2018 expenses.
- Received new signatory card.
ACTION: signing officers to sign signatory card
- Possibly consider additional signatory in future, if can not get signatures in a timely fashion.
- Motion to accept financial report. Moved Jason, Seconded Pramesh. Carried.
6) New Business
- Event Planning - deferred
7) Other Business:
- Round Table
– Chris –
MOTION: Reimburse expenses of $XX gift for Regional Director to attend Branch AGM. Pay expenses of $XX.00 for purchase of Parliamentary Procedures book. Moved by Chris, Linda seconded. Carried.
- Donna – PIPSC (WASM) retired members AGM to attend in April.
- Kevin – Lunch & Learn today – approx. 20 members. Delegate to SP AGM in Montreal. Also to attend Steward Training.
- David – CS subgroup meeting. Lunch & Learn last month.
- Cory – MAGE AGM scheduled for April 30. Invitation will be extended for a Branch Rep.
- Pramesh – few new nurses started at new location. Concerns regarding working conditions and vagrancy around work location. Waiting for them to be settled to provide steward information. Trying to organize a lunch & learn, possibly bargaining update or PIPSC 101.
NOTE: PIPSC office building has a boardroom that is available for building tenants to utilize. Seats about 40.
- Linda – performance management reviews time of year. Also is to attend Labour training.
3 steward applications received by President.
PIPSC AGM delegates should register ASAP due to the increased number of delegates.
ACTION: Linda to inquire with Regional Director regards to branch allotment.
- Jason – CS classification being looked at, rename to an IT classification. Do not yet know the implications.
Standing motion to reimburse Cory for dinner cost - $XX.
ACTION: Cory to set up doodle poll for April, May, June & Sept meetings.
Next meeting to be set by President.
Motion: Moved by Cory.
Meeting adjourned at 18:35
President’s Report is available upon request