PIPSC WINNIPEG and SOUTHERN MANITOBA BRANCH EXECUTIVE
Meeting – October 22, 2019 at 5:00 pm
960-363 Broadway Ave., Winnipeg, MB
Present: Donna Johnston, Cory Graham, David Hakes,Terri Gobeil, Kevin Jacobs, Mo Khakbazan (on phone)
Regrets: Pramesh Selliah, Chris Freeman, Jay Krishnan, Jason Caners
Chair: Cory Graham
- Call to Order
- Cory called the meeting to order at 17:01.
- Approval of Agenda
- Moved by Terri, seconded by David, motion carried
- Minutes of last meetings, September 5, 2019
- Moved by Kevin, seconded by Donna. motion carried.
- President’s Report
- An email was sent indicating Acting President Jay intends to resign from the position of president.
- Further clarification is needed on whether he needs to notify the entire executive of his intent and whether he is resigning from the executive completely.
- Report from Prairie NWT director was sent to the executive by Jay.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Deferred to the next meeting as Treasurer not being able to attend
- New Business
- Election of Vice President
- Call for nominations by Terri
- Cory was nominated- accepted
- No other nominations- Cory acclaimed as Vice President until election after next AGM.
- Position of Secretary now vacant, Kevin agreed to perform duties of Branch Secretary until executive is chosen after Branch AGM.
- Extra delegate spot for PIPSC AGM, Jason was next on list, (unavailable), Terri next on the list however needs to check on her availability.
- Open house planning. Winnipeg Open House will be December 4th, Brandon Open House to be on December 5th, 2019. Funding was approved from Better Together Campaign $XXX per person up to $XXX to help pay for food for each event.
- Retired Members Guild has agreed to contribute $xxx per person up to $XXX towards attendance of their members to open house in Winnipeg and Brandon
- The retired members of the guild attending either event will be eligible for RMG funding. Better together is providing funds for the food so any funds from RMG would be put towards other expenses.
- A email is being sent to members of the RMG.
- Members are required to sign in with membership number at PIPSC funded events.
- Branch AGM planning- members have asked about moving event to March. Suggestion was 3rd or 4th week however that interferes with vacation leave and school spring break.
- It was agreed to investigate options the 2nd week of March 2020 for Branch AGM.
- Donna has contacted several hotels to obtain price estimates.
- Motion to investigate having Branch AGM in March instead of January Donna/Terri Carried.
- Bomber game summary- deferred
- Steward appreciation. Event was a success. An attendance list should be kept for sign-in purposes. The branch thanked David for organizing a successful event.
- Other Business:
- Round Table
- Mo will be attending the PIPSC AGM as a member of the RE group.
- Cory looking forward to serving as Branch VP
Standing motion to reimburse Cory for dinner cost - $XXX
Next meeting November 22nd.
Motion: Moved by Cory. Kevin, second.
Meeting adjourned at 17:37