PIPSC WINNIPEG and SOUTHERN MANITOBA BRANCH EXECUTIVE
Meeting – June 4, 2019 at 5:00 pm
960-363 Broadway Ave., Winnipeg, MB
Present: Pramesh Selliah, Donna Johnston, Cory Graham, David Hakes, Linda Howes, Jason Caners, Terri Gobeil, Jay Krishnan, Chris Freeman
Regrets: Mo Khakbazan, Kevin Jacobs (due to call in problems, was not able to teleconference)
- Call to Order
- Linda called the meeting to order at 17:20.
- Approval of Agenda
- Moved by Linda, seconded by Terri, motion carried
- Minutes of last meetings, May 7, 2019
- Correction to spelling of Terri (no Y). Moved by Cory, seconded by Jason. motion carried.
- President’s Report
- Organizers of events to utilize new form to track events & expenses. Any comments on the form to go to Linda. Revised version to be placed on the Branch drive.
- One page handout for events – Seeking volunteer to create – Cory.
- Full President’s report available upon request
- Treasurer’s Report
- Circulated financial report.
- Motion to accept financial report. Moved Jason, Seconded Chris. Carried.
- New Business
- Bargaining – tentative collective agreement – SP Subgroup, AV subgroup, AFS subgroup, SH subgroup, CS subgroup have all settled.
- Other Business:
- Round Table
- Mo – phone – Arrange date for Open House, when a little closer to the date. Check Linda`s availability – PSAC/PIPSC BBQ August possible Better Together funding. Kids Christmas Event
- Kevin –L&L event June 19 at Fresh Water Institute.
- Cory - Bargaining meeting with new team July 25/26
- Chris / Pramesh – Labour Day Event – to submit proposal to Regional Executive for funding.
- Pramesh – CS AGM June 8 weekend.
- Jason – Thursday Aug 8 Calgary vs Bombers – to look into.
- Chris – AFS AGM this weekend.
- Doug Mason & Robert Trudeau June 18 & 20 for L&L
June 19, Brandon
- Terri – SH subgroup AGM last Saturday. Debi Daviau spoke at AGM.
- Jay – Tomorrow’s lunch (award) approx. 100 people attended L&L.
- 75 people Better Together, 75 PSAC
- Jay, Nancy handed out leaflets at Building ~270 coupons for muffin & coffee.
- BBQ next Thursday – 13th.
- David – CS L&L Thursday @ DND.
- Steward appreciation event – possibly TransCanada Brewing.
- Linda – Do Better L&L ~ 25 people showed with Nancy McCune.
- - Strike The Musical – 42 entries for the musical tickets. June 10 draw.
- - Member BBQ – try for Better Together funding.
- - Webinar – RCMP civilian members (~4000 member, of which 1300 PIPSC), asking PIPSC members to contact Commissioner Debbie Luckie re possibly delay changing to Phoenix pay until problem solved. “Say No to Phoenix”
Standing motion to reimburse Cory for dinner cost - $XXX
Motion: Moved by Linda.
Meeting adjourned at 19:07